LectroRM Watch Beta

NewEndian

28 minutes ago, Derek H said:

If it can’t do audio level then what’s the point?

Here's a rhetorical question for you: does your response reflect who you are?

For everyone's information, I was asked to make this version, with or without audio level. I asked him what benefit he saw in it. He gave me a good reason. That's all I'm going to say. I'm not here to sell. I'm here to get real feedback so that the product works for the people who find it beneficial.

Sorry if you took my comment as rude, your original app is great and we all use it as a standard tool now which you should be proud of. My point is that gain changes is about 90% of the useage scenario for the Remote app so without that functionality it’s hard to say how useful it will be to most of us. 

Let me rephrase my last comment. “What’s the point” was rude and I apologize for that insensitivity towards what I’m sure were many hours of programming work and research. Glad to hear that this will be useful for someone. What I should have said and I really meant was “I’m confused about this app if it doesn’t have the core functionality of the original”. 

I will pick your brains about some possible ways forward regarding the audio level. Apple Watch is limited in a lot of ways, but I do have some ideas. For now, I need to see what the interest is; how it's used; whether or not it really works as is. I don't even have an Apple Watch yet (Series 3 was on sale though on Amazon though, so I ordered one).

"Audio level 90% of the time" is a perfectly valid thing to say. I hadn't invested the time or money into the idea before for a reason. Nevertheless, I was persuaded some people would find this useful. It is completely independent from the main app, and my plan is to make it $10. So it is not lost on me that the functionality is limited.

2 hours ago, NewEndian said:

I have figured out a way to fit Audio and Frequency in the Apple Watch screen. Take a look at the beta: https://testflight.apple.com/join/d9aopgN6

Working great so far. This is probably a no due to Apple restrictions, but is it possible to bypass 'silent mode' and still play the tones?

Also, as a suggestion, could you some how integrate FreqFinder to push custom freqencies?

On 6/29/2020 at 4:52 PM, Derek H said:

If it can’t do audio level then what’s the point?

I am the person who approached him about making a simple version that could do Sleep and Unsleep and Rec on and Rec off. Many times when I am strapped into ENG mode my hands are full and I wanted a quick way to use the 2 most common RM commands I use. I have been using it very successfully the last few weeks. I also wanted a way to Sleep and unsleep without pulling my phone out on certain jobs where clients ask us to not use our phones on set.