interesting cloud solution form viviana.

daniel

7 minutes ago, Shastapete said:

Generic statements and zero details...

True (i wanted to see and read more about the hardware) - but my disbelief is on temporary hold. They make decent wireless accessories and the concept of bundling a device with a cloud service is not out of this world and maybe quite a useful.

Just now, thenannymoh said:

There is manufacturers and dealers section of the forums where this belongs.  

I'm not a/the manufacturer/dealer and I'm not promoting the item and I thought if posted in the section you suggest I would look like I was 1 or all of those things. I didn't see anyone complain when folks (inc me) put up links and details of other new products eg SD/Zax/Wisy etc. Happy for clarification on this by our esteemed host and you.

37 minutes ago, Shastapete said:

Generic statements and zero details...

Definitely need more info. Off it's face from the video it looks like it's just a computer that will upload files to a cloud service and you can read the metadata off the files.

I'd like to know if it has built in cellular capabilities or if you would need a wifi AP? What are the costs associated with the hardware and cloud service and what happens if you choose to use your own storage cloud service. Just too many questions to understand if it's useful or not since that can all be done with a laptop.

Plug a "thing" into your recorder –

great, what recorders support it?

what does the thing do?

is there an upfront cost or is it a subscription model?

"trusted cloud service" who is that? Can I upload files to my own service and/or encrypted AWS bucket?

What data does Viviana cloud store?

Is that data encrypted?

... again, all teaser no actual information

I'm guessing at best it's currently in beta. There's a form to request more info (and I agree that more info would be super helpful).

Since it's from Soundfish, the Italian production-sound company behind Viviana Straps, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt (but still want more info). I mean, they've been around for a while now. Maybe there's something really useful there...

https://www.vivianastraps.com

https://www.soundfish.it

So I'm looking forward to learning how Vivianacloud works, how much the upload device costs, and what's the fee structure for cloud access.

A new video was uploaded by Viviana on Facebook of how it works. Interesting stuff. It's not really a cloud service though since you have to upload to dropbox or google drive via your local wifi network. One time purchase would be acceptable, but I can't see it being subscription based unless they provide their own cloud storage service.

40 minutes ago, Philip Perkins said:

Interesting--so they want to sell me a box that hooks up to a recorder directly?  Via....what?   How would this be different than pulling the card and uploading from a computer?

Unfortunately I can't find a video that's not embedded into facebook.  In the demo it was an 8-series recorder and put into USB transfer mode. Then had to open a phone app to initiate. In the app you could edit metadata and playback as well.

How is it different than pulling the card and using a laptop? Not sure. All for convenience I guess?

2 hours ago, Philip Perkins said:

Via....what?

A small device, I guess not much different than a rasberry pi kinda "mini computer" with dedicated "one task programmed" software. A complimentary phone app will let you do all the tasks.image.png

33 minutes ago, Philip Perkins said:

Via what?  USB?   Do they mean this to work as a "mirror" device in more or less real time?  What machines will it work with? 

based on the demo video, it looks to be only machines that can talk to a USB storage device. (so Zaxcom Nova is out)

Why are they trying to get us to pay for something that is the DIT's job?  Why should we be responsible and assume risk for all the files? 

Yes, I download the files on my backup drive at home once I return and keep them for 6-12 months but mostly so if a client calls and has a question about not being able to find something, I can simply listen to whatever the project was and respond appropriately.

2 hours ago, codyman said:

Why are they trying to get us to pay for something that is the DIT's job?

If you work lots of jobs without DITs...? 

Perhaps the idea is you can do all this without a laptop, so if you're working from a bag, this might hold more appeal?

I can't really tell yet. 

Yes, as I understand it you can either hook it up to a recorder directly, if the recorder supports that, or you can also hook it up to a card reader, so you can also transfer files from other machines. 
I was thrilled to find out that I could directly transfer files from my Scorpio to my iPad and from there to my iCloud, while on set. This allows me to send problematic sound files to post and ask them how they would get on with it, as a example. I can open and play the files on my ipad, but I cannot read or edit Metadata. So for that the app could be cool, especially if I can also access the files already in the cloud with it. 
Could be useful, although for the moment I am not terribly excited by it. It seems to be a solution to a problem that only few of us thought even existed. 

• 2 months later...

Hi guys, just discoverd on google that there was this forum about Viviana cloud.
First of all thanks a lot for your interest!

I am working hard on this project and I just realised a video for the sound summit 2020 about Viviana Cloud application progress.

If you want You can watch it here or on Viviana straps Facebook page.

I am more then happy to answer to your , know your thoughts about it and if you want it will be great to let me know what you would like to be able to do with Viviana Cloud application. 

Right now you can change metadata before uploding, listen tracks, share projects, check metadata, create sound report and export pdf, etc...

I think that one of the coolest part of this project is also that it will be also improved by Sound community advices and needs. I am very interested to listen your advices!

If you want you can subscribe to our website and we will keep you posted www.vivianacloud.com 

Thanks a lot for your time and I hope to hear from you advices about Viviana Cloud app

ciao

Turi

Hi, thanks Turi.

i think it can be cool to be able to upload to a day folder,  into different sub folders ( one for each recorder) so if you use more than one recorder at same time, or if you are working in two or more units, all the job keeps organised.

33 minutes ago, foliver said:

Hi, thanks Turi.

i think it can be cool to be able to upload to a day folder,  into different sub folders ( one for each recorder) so if you use more than one recorder at same time, or if you are working in two or more units, all the job keeps organised.

Thanks a lot for your feedback. Right now the main folder are represented from the name of HD. For example 788_CF / 788_SSD / SCORPIO_SD1 etc...

Of course You can create a folder and move inside your daily to organized your job how you want. Hope this answer is what you were looking for. Thanks a lot 

BF20742D-FA73-4E6B-BF3B-54BF359CDC20.jpeg