Strange power issue with 788t + NP1 Battery

telpauli

Power distro box is the NPC-SQN4 Hawkwoods Shoe, using SWIT S-8073N batteries to power some RX units and a 788t w/ CL9.

Very strange issue with one of the batteries on a job this week, wondering if someone with more know-how may shed some light on this:

Fully charged and inserted into shoe, with corresponding switches on, the battery can power the RX units with no issue, but isn't recognised by the 788t (which is powered by main cable out of shoe - RXs connected to shoe with 4-pin HIROSE to 4-pin HIROSE cables). Only one battery does this, all other NP1s power it no problem. 

I've checked inside, checked the connectors, tried it with a different shoe and same issue. One further note is that the battery seems to charge to full much quicker than usual. 

Anyone had a similar issue? Something I can fix myself or do I need to send it away? 

If it’s only that one battery it seems likely like that one is broken. Possibly is giving out a voltage that is lower than 11.3 and that explains why your rx can work with it, but the 788 won’t. Are the other outputs regulated? What happens if you hook up the 788 to one of those?