Dead NP-1's

stacysound

Apparently, The COVID has claimed 3 of my NP-1 batteries. Weird. I have never had a NP-1 die, they just last less and less time. When I put the batteries in the JL-2 charger, the indicator turns red, then flashes yellow. I have 2 chargers and both do the same thing. I measure with a meter and they are completely dead. Yes, they sat in the 95° garage for 2 months, but that's nothing new.

Thoughts?

Ritter Battery here I come...

4 hours ago, stacysound said:

Looks like I have 3 98wh options - Remote Audio, Inspired Energy and Audioroot with a couple of options. Any advantages of the 3?

TIA

With these batteries there are 3 different manufacturers out there with slightly different, but all compatible, versions.

The Inspired Energy NH2054, Remote Audio HI-Q, Sound Devices XL-Smart Battery, and Audioroot eSmart Li-98Wh are all the same batteries OEMed by Inspired Energy in Florida. So just buy the one that you can get the best price on.

Audioroot has a new battery, the eSmart Li-96neo which is a 96Wh version that has an OLED battery display, as far as I can tell, they had them built to the same smart battery standard as Inspired Energy in China.

The last version is the RRC2054-2 made by RRC which is a 6.90Ah / 99.40Wh version that has a few minor differences, but is to the same battery format spec.

15 hours ago, Shastapete said:

With these batteries there are 3 different manufacturers out there with slightly different, but all compatible, versions.

The Inspired Energy NH2054, Remote Audio HI-Q, Sound Devices XL-Smart Battery, and Audioroot eSmart Li-98Wh are all the same batteries OEMed by Inspired Energy in Florida. So just buy the one that you can get the best price on.

Audioroot has a new battery, the eSmart Li-96neo which is a 96Wh version that has an OLED battery display, as far as I can tell, they had them built to the same smart battery standard as Inspired Energy in China.

The last version is the RRC2054-2 made by RRC which is a 6.90Ah / 99.40Wh version that has a few minor differences, but is to the same battery format spec.

This is what I needed. Thanks Peter.