Trying to identify the name of a piece of gear

I'm a camera operator who is building a small sound package for personal projects and I'm trying to find a belt worn adapter that would feed headphones and xlr out to the mixer for a two man crew. I've always seen a small box on the boom operator's waist that  headphones would be fed from and the boom's xlr out would feed to . I'm searching all the pro sound rental purchase sites and for the life of me I can't locate such an item. What the heck is it called? ( it just occurred to me some boom operators probably just have on a set of comteks...but I'm learning here)

Thanks

Brian

Culver City California

Are you talking about a small single channel mic pre? Sound Devices have made two such models in the past and Fostex I think made one more recently. There's probably an older one by Shure too? If nobody chimes in have a search for these three.

Best, Jez

If you're thinking of something you see regularly when a boom op is working with a production mixer and the second person is feeding the camera (or recording double system) however it could be several other things you're thinking about. Zaxcom is another brand to search for the gadget you're searching for. Obvious thing is to reach out to one of the folks you've worked with you remember wearing such a thing ...

Thank you for the response. I think I've found it: REMOTE AUDIO CADPLXBOX BOOM OPERATOR DUPLEX BOX

it appears to be called  a boom operator breakout box and if my boom op is working with a cart mixer on my shoot I'll need to have one in the kit for him. The link at Trew Audio is here:https://www.trewaudio.com/product/remote-audio-cadplxbox/. Thanks for the help.

I expect you are aware but, just in case-

That boom operator box is used with a hard wire boom connection and you'll need a few other components to make it functional:

1. You'll need a recorder and/or mixing panel that can feed audio to a second set of headphones. (The Audio operator - mixer? - monitors through the first set.)

2. You'll need a short breakout or pigtail cable to receive the microphone signal and feed headphone signal.

3. You'll need a "duplex" cable to run between your recorder (& breakout cable) and your boom operator. 

The duplex box connects to the duplex cable.

Your duplex cable needs to be at least 75 feet, 100 feet would be better. Or 75 feet with a 50 foot extension. 

David