Strategies for recording w/ Boom Recorder to multiple media

I haven't used my BR much, but have a job coming up that it would be perfect for so I've been fooling around with in the last few days.  One thing I haven't been able to figure out is how to send the recording to multiple drives while rolling.  I know I could ask Take about this (Senator), but I wanted to hear from you guys driving BR all the time on real jobs about how you deal with this.

Also--do you use BR's level trim feature much?

Philip Perkins

Open patchbay. Top line of that window, choose how many folders you want.  then assign destinations for files underneath the chanels in same window. I've never needed nor have used the trim features. It's digital trim. If your preamps distorted the track will just be distorted at a lower level :) I guess you could assign multiple inputs on one track and do a set and forget mix this way,

or attenuate the return monitor paths/ monitor mix

Hi, Philip

You set destinations in the patch bay. So if you're doing 2 drives you'll need to tell the app to record to at least 2 files to 2 folders. Then navigate to the drives you want via the assign feature at the left side of the patch bay window. I'm not sure if I'm being clear but it's pretty obvious when you're doing it.

I haven't been using BR's trims much (mostly for the TC input) but I'm still finishing my system. I'll be getting my board modified in August which will change levels throughout the system. It does remember where you've set trims if that's a concern.

Best regards,

Jim

...how to send the recording to multiple drives while rolling.

While rolling?  Am I reading too literally, or do you want to send recordings to more drives while recording?  I know you do a lot of long-form recordings, so cutting and re-configuring may not be realistic.

FWIW, you can't add further record folders WHILE rolling.

Brian

While rolling?  Am I reading too literally, or do you want to send recordings to more drives while recording?  I know you do a lot of long-form recordings, so cutting and re-configuring may not be realistic.

FWIW, you can't add further record folders WHILE rolling.

Brian

No, sorry for my poor wording.  I mean a setup where you record the same digital audio to multiple drives, a patch done BEFORE you record.  I just wasn't understanding how the patchbay works so I'll have at it again now that I know that it is possible. Thanks for all the help.  

Philip Perkins