Lectrosonics Metadata Editing

Hi Team,

Quick question for the tech heads out there? Not sure if anyone’s ask this before, so my apologies if this subject has already been covered.

I have my trusty 788T Set up in a cart configuration and my 633 for bag work and has the Bluetooth Dongle for connecting Wingman, which I use all the time for metadata editing and controlling the machine. On the 788T I have the CL-WIFI connected to an older iPad, which Lectrosonics no longer supports, so don’t know how much longer I’ll be able to keep this up for?..

So I’m wondering what’s involved in being able to plug In the 6 series Bluetooth Dongle into the 788T’s USB B input and have the Wingman work with 7 series? I’m guessing it would be a Sound Devices software thing?

Just so you know, computers are far from my strong point, so if this’s a silly question, please don’t shoot me down in flames.........😜

I’m genuinely curious as to if it’s even possible and if so, how would we go about getting SoundDevices to make this happen?

Thanks for your time team. 

Cheers,

Scotty. 

Perhaps you should rethink the title of this topic so that people know what it’s really about. 

In the end only SD will be able to answer this, but at the moment it’s not possible as you probably already found out. The machines are completely different, so it would likely require a major programming effort and that for a recorder that’s been discontinued already seems highly unlikely. 

I worked with 788T for some time and I found that I was quickest with a regular keyboard. You can pretty freely assign shortcuts to any key you like to access menu functions and then type away as needed. CL-Wifi kept losing the connection and was generally a bit slow...

On 7/31/2020 at 1:35 AM, Eric said:

Like Constantin I did use a wired computer keyboard plugged into the 788's USB port for easy labelling.

Wish I could just directly connect over bluetooth with a wireless keyboard to the recorder, no need for a USB cable or anything else extra. As if so, I've got the perfect keyboard for that. Ah well, maybe a future 8 Series update will enable this? One can keep on dreaming and hoping. 

1 hour ago, IronFilm said:

Wish I could just directly connect over bluetooth with a wireless keyboard to the recorder, no need for a USB cable or anything else extra. As if so, I've got the perfect keyboard for that. Ah well, maybe a future 8 Series update will enable this? One can keep on dreaming and hoping. 

I have a small Bluetooth keyboard connected to my Scorpio, although it does require a tiny USB receiver on the recorder. Works really well. On the 788 I struggled to find a compatible keyboard, even those that others had used successfully didn’t work on mine, and I read reports of some users who managed to use wireless keyboards, but not me. But on the 8-series this is really simple, even though it doesn’t interface with the built-in Bluetooth 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/29/2020 at 7:26 AM, Scott Montgomery said:

Hi Team,

Quick question for the tech heads out there? Not sure if anyone’s ask this before, so my apologies if this subject has already been covered.

I have my trusty 788T Set up in a cart configuration and my 633 for bag work and has the Bluetooth Dongle for connecting Wingman, which I use all the time for metadata editing and controlling the machine. On the 788T I have the CL-WIFI connected to an older iPad, which Lectrosonics no longer supports, so don’t know how much longer I’ll be able to keep this up for?..

So I’m wondering what’s involved in being able to plug In the 6 series Bluetooth Dongle into the 788T’s USB B input and have the Wingman work with 7 series? I’m guessing it would be a Sound Devices software thing?

Just so you know, computers are far from my strong point, so if this’s a silly question, please don’t shoot me down in flames.........😜

I’m genuinely curious as to if it’s even possible and if so, how would we go about getting SoundDevices to make this happen?

Thanks for your time team. 

Cheers,

Scotty. 

I have an older iPhone that is part of my 788/CL wifi. That's all it does. And it lives in the front pouch. I replaced the battery for about $8. Easy.