Cinela COSI for DPA4017b?

thenannymoh

Has anyone found a configuration for the COSI that can fit a DPA4017b?  I currently have the COSI-XL-8060 (long enough for the 8060 + MZ filter).  I'd love to be able to just switch out mic plug holders into the same COSI for the 4017b, but I think the 4017 might be one inch too long to pull it off.  Looking for experiences and ideas, because I absolutely love my COSI.

• 2 years later...

Reviving an old thread to keep the topic together.

Cinela has updated the COSI-L-19 to show that it can fit both the 4017C and the B amp. The B amp, though has to be unmounted and slid back (see pics on their site).

Is there anyone using a B in this COSI and how secure is that friction fit?

https://www.cinela.fr/gammes-de-produits/cosi/cosi-long-cage-mike-diam-19mm-4017c/

image.png

On 7/5/2023 at 11:02 AM, OB1 said:

Cinela has updated the COSI-L-19 to show that it can fit both the 4017C and the B amp. The B amp, though has to be unmounted and slid back (see pics on their site).

https://www.cinela.fr/gammes-de-produits/cosi/cosi-long-cage-mike-diam-19mm-4017c/

image.png

Very interesting! I’m a 4017b user and had no idea this existed. I feel like not a lot of other people know about this cosi for the B preamp, so I kind of doubt we’ll get much feedback from the field… curious to hear from people’s experience as well.

For posterity, here's Cinela's response when I asked about the firmness of the fit:

"The 4017B can formally "slide" along the cradle, with a certain friction. No risk at all regarding "plays" and noises, but in case you have a shock, some pressure, or pullings of the cable, that may lead to a little displacement. Very easy to recover if you make a little mark somewhere on the Mic body. In fact you can also adjust the force and friction applied to the Mic body during the holder insertion. When you make the quater turn to lock it, you feel the increase of the tension on the mic body. Feel free to put some thin tape around the mic body (at the right place), in order to "lock" the microphone mode hardly. I'm sure you'll appreciate this in front of the unit. You will figure out easily. I'm sure that if you use a tape with "rough finish" (I mean not a slippy one), you'll easily increase the friction !"

I've got one on order and will report back with pics.

7 hours ago, OB1 said:

For posterity, here's Cinela's response when I asked about the firmness of the fit:

"The 4017B can formally "slide" along the cradle, with a certain friction. No risk at all regarding "plays" and noises, but in case you have a shock, some pressure, or pullings of the cable, that may lead to a little displacement. Very easy to recover if you make a little mark somewhere on the Mic body. In fact you can also adjust the force and friction applied to the Mic body during the holder insertion. When you make the quater turn to lock it, you feel the increase of the tension on the mic body. Feel free to put some thin tape around the mic body (at the right place), in order to "lock" the microphone mode hardly. I'm sure you'll appreciate this in front of the unit. You will figure out easily. I'm sure that if you use a tape with "rough finish" (I mean not a slippy one), you'll easily increase the friction !"

I've got one on order and will report back with pics.

Nice! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts 

Only negative I can think of is it’s not as easy for storage with the protruding XLR end, when it’s fully in there you can pack it into bags way easier.

I'm pleased with the setup. The interference fit requires slightly more pressure to firmly grip the mic to prevent any movement. And although tape seems like the best solution, I decided to apply that pressure externally by tightly wrapping the holder with hook/loop velcro in two places, eliminating fiddling, removing, and reapplying tape. This applied more than enough pressure while still allowing the mic to be removed and inserted without any problems. You can position the low cut ring in the open area to access and adjust with ease. I rarely ever use the high boost. In this position, the rear sticks out 2.2" to the end of the connector, not including the cable. The mic can be pushed in just over 1/2" for more headroom without it hitting the front of the cover cage.

If I happen to find a rubber band that is tight enough, that would be an improvement over the velcro.

IMG_2775.JPG

IMG_2777.JPG

IMG_2776.JPG

IMG_2778.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks very much for adding this to the thread...very helpful for me. I just got a COSI-L-19 for the Sanken CMS-50 mid side mic, but soon realized that the same size COSI could be used for the 4017C, so I got the 19mm adapter as well. Nice to know that there's a way to use the B preamp with it as well!

image.png