Another Zuca Cart

Valentine

I've wanted to make one of these for a while. Finally got a used Zuca bag for cheap. It was the Sport model with 4 rollerblade type wheels. I have since mounted two of those wheels so it can roll on its back for loading.

I removed the wheels and put the foam filled disc golf cart wheels onto it. I used a bushing to fit a longer bolt through the larger wheel bearing rather than drilling a bigger hole in the frame. I did actually have to widen the frame hole a little bit. 

I extended the legs with aluminum tubing, perfect fit, with the bolt through it to keep it on. Rubber stoppers on bottom.

To make the folding table, 8020 aluminum pieces. One bolt fits into the original 1/4" hole of the frame. I drilled the second bolt hole. You do have to grind away some of the sides around the top where the plastic handle folds into for the folding shelf to sit flat when it is down. And then relocate the two screws that hold that piece in place.

The tubes, water bottle holder and boom holder are all bolted in with Rivnuts. Highly recommend getting the rivnut tool, lets you mount stuff without drilling right through both sides of the frame and looks really clean.

IMG_20200725_162638.jpg

IMG_20200725_162651.jpg

IMG_20200725_162732.jpg

• 2 months later...
On 8/9/2020 at 3:23 PM, Valentine said:

I've wanted to make one of these for a while. Finally got a used Zuca bag for cheap. It was the Sport model with 4 rollerblade type wheels. I have since mounted two of those wheels so it can roll on its back for loading.

I removed the wheels and put the foam filled disc golf cart wheels onto it. I used a bushing to fit a longer bolt through the larger wheel bearing rather than drilling a bigger hole in the frame. I did actually have to widen the frame hole a little bit. 

I extended the legs with aluminum tubing, perfect fit, with the bolt through it to keep it on. Rubber stoppers on bottom.

To make the folding table, 8020 aluminum pieces. One bolt fits into the original 1/4" hole of the frame. I drilled the second bolt hole. You do have to grind away some of the sides around the top where the plastic handle folds into for the folding shelf to sit flat when it is down. And then relocate the two screws that hold that piece in place.

The tubes, water bottle holder and boom holder are all bolted in with Rivnuts. Highly recommend getting the rivnut tool, lets you mount stuff without drilling right through both sides of the frame and looks really clean.

IMG_20200725_162638.jpg

IMG_20200725_162651.jpg

What was the total cost of all the 80/20 parts? Some of their specialty parts are very pricey.

Here are the parts I ordered and these are Canadian prices from a place in Quebec. 

I am extremely happy with the quality of this miniature cart. I truly have been beating it to hell, rolling it behind speeding golf carts, through snow, over curbs etc. I love it, already got my money's worth for sure.

Eventually the handle will probably fall off since that is the weak link here but it hasn't happened yet.

Screenshot_20200810_075033.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...