788t return circuit project

r.paterson

hello

for anyone handy with a soldering iron here is a circuit which is working very well for me a a two channel return for the 788t without using up an input chanell..http://www.redcircuits.com/Page119.htm

i built the box with a direct return switch which monitors between 788t(direct) and return..the box has a jack which goes to the 788t headphone o/p and that is wired to the switch marked Direct/ the return feeds the circuit and the headphone o/p of circuit feeds switch (return)..circuit will work on 9v-18v..circuit headphone level pot sets level for return..i also added a L/R/STEREO Switch for quick monitoring of tracks either direct(788t) or return, can handle full line level input ie +4.. i paded it down a bit (10db just to give circuit a bit more headroom) i also added a buffered loop thru of the 2 channels return in to an o/p to feed IEM Switcher so you can switch playback from cam etc to directors etc IEM.

anyway thought someone might find it interesting here is a pick of the proto type in action..ehh!cant figure out how to insert pic appologies

cheers

richard

post-50-130815081631_thumb.jpg

HI Matt

for confidence really and also so i can feed camera playback to directors etc play back, just done a 6 part Doc series presenter led and they always want to play back best take each programe 20 - 30 presenter links so constant playing back from camera..i was feeding 788t to Zaxcom stereoline and wireless return from camera wired to return box input which i could listen with confidence and also loop thru too IEM's etc..zaxcom is a bit of a problem in that you need to put the return box on other side of bag from zaxcom as if too close zaxcom bleeds, problem is only of box being too close to zaxcom ie side by side..tried with lectro transmitters side by side with box and totaly clean only zaxcom was bleeding (AM Modulation)..think the headphone cable was its route into circuit didnt have time to check further but could put an RF trap somewhere in circuit?

worked perfectly when i moved return box to other side of bag

cheers

richard

Well it seems like you have it worked out for playback without bleed,  so you already are set for it when they book you for the next gig.. I guess the more you work at something the better it gets!

If you trap the RF and find out where it was coming from lemmeknow.

Best

Matt