Quickpole Series 5 shipping now!

Klaus

Hello everyone,

some already might know from Sound Summit 2020 and have waited ever since for us to release our brand new boom pole range, the Quickpole Series 5.

So, today is the day and I need to express how proud we are what our "team boom" achieved once more by going above and beyond leaving the treaded path.

Building our booms to last, we understand most of you already owning an Ambient Quickpole presumably will not be in straight need for a new boom. Still, you might want to check it out:

https://quickpole.ambient.de/

https://quickpole.ambient.de/

3 hours ago, Derek H said:

What is the diameter of the largest section? (The one you hold).

34mm, all tube diameters are pretty much like on the QXS. However, this is an all new tube construction making this range much more rigid, on a level of the QP.

Does this replace the QXS line?

yes, absolutely. It comes in the exact same lenghts than the QXS ppluss adding the QP5150.

Is the QS still the best? Most rigid?

Yes, QS is still our premium/feature film boom, for those preferring less shells, lower diameter (30mm) and do not care about the length when collapsed.

3 hours ago, DanieldH said:

Will the XLR-Clamp fit on the straight cabled version?

You're  referring to the QAPL? Yes. Also, the new end pieces will fit the older boompoles (you'd need either  to put on amini XLR, or solder the XLR direct, though)

20 hours ago, Klaus said:

You're  referring to the QAPL? Yes. Also, the new end pieces will fit the older boompoles (you'd need either  to put on amini XLR, or solder the XLR direct, though)

Yes referring to the QAPL...

I could not find the new end pieces on your accessories website, yet, but I trust this will change soon. Still good to hear. Looking forward to try it out.

Looking forward to trying one! 

Will the base with the protruding XLR barrel be a problem for fitting it in the bottom cup of most cart boom holders?

Also, maybe it’s just me but I’d find it helpful if you guys listed  the length in feet not inches. Like on the table of lengths and weights of the different models. I always think of poles in feet. 

A chart that had all your current production poles stats in one chart would be nice too. 

On 8/21/2020 at 4:59 PM, Rolando Duque said:

Hi Klaus, I am starting a new project in September. will the pole be available in Canada by then?

Most of them are stocking already, QP5130 and 5150 incoming, so ready to accept orders.

On 8/22/2020 at 3:06 PM, Derek H said:

Will the base with the protruding XLR barrel be a problem for fitting it in the bottom cup of most cart boom holders?

Depends on the construction of the cup, but yes, possibly.

length in feet not inches.

Agreed, I noted that as well and already talkedto our content team.

A chart that had all your current production poles stats in one chart would be nice too. 

what do you mean by stats? Also, while we only will carry little stock on certain QXS models and both QP, this might end up confusing if including anything aside current production lines QP S5 and QS.

Hi Klaus,

Thanks for your responses! By stats I meant closed length, extended length and weight, number of sections. It’s nice to see it all in one place. Say you’re looking at which pole to order and you want to compare quickly with what you already own. Not a big deal. I can do the same thing with a pad of paper and a few clicks. 

Derek

• 1 month later...
On 8/18/2020 at 8:21 PM, Derek H said:

Thanks! 

A few questions...

What is the diameter of the largest section? (The one you hold). 

Does this replace the QXS line?

Is the QS still the best? Most rigid?

Rigidity comes at the cost of more weight, as I discovered with the new K-Tek Classics, wonderfully rigid, but very heavy. I use VDB's the lightest, and just take the bending in to account, it's not difficult to do. I prefer a lighter pole, even if that means it bends a bit.