SD 633 new firmware 4.61

Ben Sim

Hey guys,

just saw SD released a new 633 firmware 4.61, already in Jan but I just bumped into it.   https://www.sounddevices.com/download/

I am pretty close to a new project so there is no time to try it, so, anyone of you installed it? Working fine? Any problems or anything else why I shouldn't upgrade?

Thanks!

7 hours ago, John Blankenship said:

Is there something not working correctly with your current firmware or a feature you desperately need from the newest version? Do you have a good reason to upgrade, or is it "just because it's there."

"If it ain't broke don't fix it!" is usually prudent advice. 

100% agree.

That said, I do have it and have not had any issues in the bag. Have not tried it with the cl-12.

Sure, that's what I'm thinking, too. I'm still on 4.51.

I haven't had the issue yet that:

• Fixed
    • Rare event where takes disappeared after renaming has been eliminated.

But a collegue of mine had and I'm always afraid of it. But I'll upgrade after the upcoming shoot when I have more time to check it out. Thanks!

Have installed it a while ago. No issues at all with bag work.

But with CL-12 and Wingman: Sometimes the machine wouldn't boot up completely or the wingman app would freeze. But no lost recording or corrupt audio file ever occured. Because I haven't used the CL-12 in conjunction with the 633 in earlier firmware versions, I don't know if this has been an issue before.