Wysicom MTP40s and MPR52 as camera HOP

Tuhiva

Hello,

Does anybody use MTP40s and MPR52 as a camera hop and is it any good? What kind of cable do you need to go from the xlr output of a recorder to the MTP40S, does it need to be paded? I am used to the lectrosonics hop with Srb and I used the paded cable from remote audio to the feed some old UM400a and the results was great. I do not see a lot of cable specific to wysicom, there is a remoteaudio cable XLR to lemo paded for zaxcom transmitter, will it work with the wysicom?

Hi

no need for a special attenuated cable, a simple XLR3F to Lemo will work. If you put your transmitter in « 2 wires » mode, you can set the level to minus 30 and it works perfectly.

I use quite often this combo and it works really well. The form factor of the MPR 52 is just perfect for small cameras, especially for a 2 channels receiver. The only little thing you should be aware of, is the battery life. You’ll definitely need the lithium-ion battery pack.

• 2 weeks later...