Sanken COS11x vs COS11D

Fernando

Hi all,

I just bought two COS11, a black and a tan.

The black came in COS11D form and the tan as COS11x

I supose that the D version has added filtering so it can be used with the Zax transmitters, so it is an "x" model with added filtering???

I don't like this kind of surprises when buying equipment... I mean the vendor deciding you don't mind that they ship two different versions of a product...

Can anyone tell what's the difference and if there's any noticeable difference in performance? (freq. resposnse for instance)

Thank you,

Fernando

guess you should discuss the issue with the vendor who sold them to you.

" I just bought two COS11, a black and a tan. "

did you specify you wanted COS11D's ??  If not, I'm just going to guess that that is what they had in stock when you ordered them.

When the COS11D was introduced it was specifically noted that it was the suggested version for "pure digital" transmitters; it is the currently produced variant of the COS11 line, incorporating the additional digital RF rejection with the improvements of the previous version, the COS11x which has a more water resistant grill than its predecessor...

(I ordered 2 x COS11x wired for SM, one black, one tan)

Thank you Mike, I'm contacting the vendor, but I'd like to check the differences first with you all, since the vendor can very easily answer "it's the same product" or "the D version is an upgrade at the same price" or whatever...

In fact Lectrosonics suggests, for some years now, the use of capacitors if an especific COS11 is especially sensitive to RFI. It has been advised along with the wiring suggestions diagrams for some time.

I'm worry about the COS11D having the freq. response affected by whatever the filtering mod is.

So any light on this issue is very wellcome

thanks again

PS Both are wired for servo input (SM, etc) but it should not be relevant in this case...

I am probably wrong, and shudder to guess, but...  I would think the RF filtering is due to filtering for inadvertent frequencies stepping on your transmission, not necessarily a compression or filtering of the transmitted signal.... reducing your freq. response as you say.... If that makes any sense...

I would think the same freq. response is avail. on them all....  many of the options revolve around spl...How they are wired (for what trans.),  this RF filtering on the Zax unit Sanken option...D...  or the water resistant X... as Mike says...

Your probably safe unless it is more money?  Unless they are wired wrong.

Good luck

" but I'd like to check the differences first with you all, "

perhaps check with several vendors, or Sanken; here in the USA the distributor is plus24, and they are quite helpful. www.plus24.net

how do the two you have compare in sound when you listen to them??  a little searching should yield spec sheets for the two versions, or perhaps one of the vendors will stumble upon this thread and help you out.probably sound the same, as they should...any "D" filtering would be for RF, not AF.

they Plus24, Sanken, or dealers) would also confirm that the X version has been discontinued and replaced by the D series. yes, that would be an upgrade, and not exactly what you ordered, but unless folks are having problems with pure digital transmitters, folks do not seem to be ditching the older versions...