Zaxcom ZMT spring clips

osa

I am finding myself more and more in situations where people want to wire themselves (maybe these current times have something do do with it??)

the soundguys solutions zmt clips are great when i deploy them to talent because i can deal with how stiff they are and i like the grip factor on clothing once placed. The downside is the plastic breaks at the base of these clips and I’ve replaced 4 in the last year. Talent cannot seem to deal with self applying these clips because of how super stiff they are. I am looking at the clips linked below, curious if anyone has user feedback? The sound guy solutions seems like a good fit although they are really expensive And a bulk factor. The sound cases one seems a better fit but I’m afraid of the quality of the plastic as they look like they could break really easy The sound cases one seems a better fit but I’m afraid of the quality of the plastic as they look like they could break really easy  Are there any out there I am missing?

https://www.trewaudio.com/product/sound-guys-solutions-zmt-s-clip/

https://soundcases.nyc/product/zaxcom-zmt-series-belt-clip/

i have an idea for a hybrid model i am currently working on in the meantime

8 minutes ago, Valentine said:

I can't speak for the SGS zmt clips but they look like the ones I have for my trxLAs. They were expensive yes, but they're metal, super strong, not going to break. They leave a little indent where the screw sits but I'm ok with that.

Great input thanks!

• 1 month later...

I got my mitts on the sgs zmt metal spring clips and for me personally they are the best solution i have found for my particular needs addressed above. My only hangups are the metal edges although machined smooth they look prone to creating discomfort for talent if pressing against skin sitting down etc. and also that set screw will be lost first use on talent i just know it from experience with similar setup on the lectro blue metal clips.   My way around the set screw is 2x layers black gaff tape and its a similar pressure mount to the sgs plastic clips so i could pull the screw out all together. The only creative workaround i could come up with to make these zmt metal spring clips closer to perfection would be to place the zmt upright and backwards with the screen facing the metal... would have to rely on remote control for changes BUT allows access to battery door and an allen wrench lock tight set screw could be used to lock the trx to the clip. 

image.jpg