Any tips for T-slot cart building?

Derek H

It’s from 80/20. They cut the corners out and drilled and countersunk the holes. Rounded the edge as well. No think of like a 1/4” solid slab of hdpe with thin aluminum veneer on each side. Lighter than solid aluminum and less expensive but seems very solid. 

I think they just call it aluminum composite on their site. 

My two cents, I would have used a lot more screws to attach the Alucobest sheet that I see on the bottom shelf, especially along the long sides. Those two screws in the middle and the sheet surrounding them will receive 90% of any shear forces in my estimation (loads like water travel the shortest distance), and if there is a failure, the panel will tear out before the screw bends or breaks assuming you used 1/4-20 screws.

On 11/11/2020 at 12:39 PM, Derek H said:

It’s from 80/20. They cut the corners out and drilled and countersunk the holes. Rounded the edge as well. No think of like a 1/4” solid slab of hdpe with thin aluminum veneer on each side. Lighter than solid aluminum and less expensive but seems very solid. 

I think they just call it aluminum composite on their site. 

I’ll have to check that out. What distributor did you go thru? I have some samples of a 1/4” product with aluminum sheet on outside laminated to corrugated plastic. The aluminum is much thicker that on some other products so the 12” square sample seems pretty stiff. It is quite light. Unfortunately they had a 5 sheet minimum $1250, or there was a $500 surcharge for less than 5 sheets which means $750 for one sheet plus shipping. Sheets were 4’x10’ as I recall.