Virtual Video Village

Wandering Ear

I wanted to take a second and share what I've been up to during the shutdown.  Thinking about how things were going to change as productions started back up during a pandemic, I began working on a new software service with a partner to help support productions get back to work remotely.  The service is called SetStream.

https://setstream.io

We are a cloud based streaming service that enables productions to stream from set to clients in real time (averaging 200ms delay world wide).  Being a web browser based solution, anyone who has been granted access to log on by the project manager, can watch and collaborate from any device (Mac, Windows, iOS, Android) from anywhere in the world.

Typically VTR manages the camera feeds and streaming connection on set, including our service.  Since our launch about a month ago we have been picked up by tv and commercials in US with international clients.

I know this isn't directly related to most everyone on this forum, as it's more of a tool for VTR operators than sound mixers, but I thought I would share here too for anyone that is interested.

-Kelsey

This is great - I'm wondering if there's any chance of an audio back-channel (talkback from remote viewers to Set) - even if restricted to one remote user. Ideally with a momentary 'push to talk' button at the remote end on the browser window. Audio can be lower-resolution than the outgoing channel.

9 hours ago, nickreich said:

This is great - I'm wondering if there's any chance of an audio back-channel (talkback from remote viewers to Set) - even if restricted to one remote user. Ideally with a momentary 'push to talk' button at the remote end on the browser window. Audio can be lower-resolution than the outgoing channel.

Hey Nick,

Thanks for the thoughts.  We are constantly working on enhancing our workflow.  I can't say in detail what we have planned, but we will be releasing new features hopefully soon.