Any DCHT and M2R Updates?

Tom E

I know things were a little rocky with this setup at the start, but I’m wondering if anyone’s stuck with them and worked through the kinks. How are you liking them these days?

Im considering making the switch to them and I’m curious who’s got them working in the wild. 
Thanks,

Tom

Haven’t had any kinks. They have worked well from Day1. Our only issues have been with battery loading in the M2Rs. Very  difficult to close the cover with rechargeable AAs.

We always get them closed but with resistance. Hoping with age they will loosen up to a happy medium.

And the sound is great. IMHO.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2020 at 2:11 AM, Placeslost said:

I feel like range is an issue.  I'm not sure if any of the firmware updates have helped range, but I haven't kept up up with updating, so maybe I should check.  This week we were in a field, maybe 100 yards apart and my boom op was having drop outs.  

I originally thought "range" as well, but after experimentation and talking with different folks, (Gordon @Lectro, and several very experienced mixers) I believe its a sensitivity with the digital reception in the M2R if you are at all close to a analog/hybrid transmitter. Even on other sides of a body the M2R doesn't do well with that proximity to a tx, and even tuned two or more blocks away...I have two DPR's waiting in a box to test out for boom ops using the M2R. Traditionally been using a MM1 and an smqv, but I think that doesn't play well with the M2R. With both using digital protocols, it should eliminate that issue. We'll see how losing that MM1 limiter does.

On 9/16/2020 at 9:02 AM, Jim Rillie said:

We have found with an SNA 600 on the antenna mast connected to the transmitter with an extension cable, the range is much better.

I was using an SNA 600 also, but getting to locations and having to retune that was just another step, so I'm going to use a 
Shure UA860SWB omni antenna for the M2T. Again, this is the just the plan... we'll see how it goes.

On 9/28/2020 at 11:31 PM, jakeslaney said:

I originally thought "range" as well, but after experimentation and talking with different folks, (Gordon @Lectro, and several very experienced mixers) I believe its a sensitivity with the digital reception in the M2R if you are at all close to a analog/hybrid transmitter. Even on other sides of a body the M2R doesn't do well with that proximity to a tx, and even tuned two or more blocks away...I have two DPR's waiting in a box to test out for boom ops using the M2R. Traditionally been using a MM1 and an smqv, but I think that doesn't play well with the M2R. With both using digital protocols, it should eliminate that issue. We'll see how losing that MM1 limiter does.

I was using an SNA 600 also, but getting to locations and having to retune that was just another step, so I'm going to use a 
Shure UA860SWB omni antenna for the M2T. Again, this is the just the plan... we'll see how it goes.

Would love to hear an update when you try this out.