PROBLEM WITH COMTEK M 216 OPTIONAL 7

noni

Hello everybody,

I just bought one Comtek M216 optional 7 transmiitter , and 5 PR216 (one is optional 7 ) . I just start to work yesterday , after two hours of working transmitter just stop, green light doesn't shows up , and red light  brights  when I send a level to it . Using Cantar X2 , sending from line level or fold back level .

Please any ideas will help a lot . I am new with Comtek system .

Thank you all.

Novica Jankov

As a friendly note to my fellow tinkerers...

The Comtek base stations have an internal pot allowing you to increase your RF output.  While it is generally not a good idea to adjust such things, on the old units it can be done.  I did it on my BST-50b (shhhh, don't tell the FCC).  When I bought a new BST-25/216, I called Comtek to see if I could do the same.  With a wink and a nod, the answer was 'yes'.  Turns out, however, that in order to increase efficiency they made improvements to the unit's power supply.  Although the RF still exists, and is easy to find using the supplied diagram, if it's adjusted for higher output the extra power will blow several components of the new powering system.  Seems the engineers didn't tell everyone!

The really good news is that Comtek is a fantastic company with amazing customer service, and they promptly replaced the unit with an "Ooops, sorry about that."

LOVE those "guys"!

Robert