Induction Loops for theatrical plays

Andrea

Hi, I'm new to this forum, I'm currently working for a troupe, I was searching for some good and reliable wearable induction loops, not the ones fixed outside the set, but the ones that can be hidden under the costumes. I tried some RF, doesn't work for us. I searched the net, only to find some cheap, not reliable products. If anyone have some recommendations, some brands, is perfect.

I need complete sets, preferably in EU, thanks!

PSC has Induction Loop Earpieces:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/377563-REG/PSC_FPSC0037_Wireless_IFB_Inductive_Earpiece.html
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/377564-REG/PSC_FPSC0037A_Inductive_Neck_Loop.html

They seem to be one of the few "non-cheap" ones still making new induction loop earpieces  (otherwise you will need to go looking for secondhand earpieces of products that have been discontinued, which is what I did). But I think you can't expect super high fidelity from using the induction loop method in general, if you want better quality then you'll likely need to go with the likes of Phonak Rogers system instead? (but unless you're careful with making sure their somewhat limited range is covered, then they won't be reliable either)

23 hours ago, Andrea said:

Hi, I'm new to this forum, I'm currently working for a troupe, I was searching for some good and reliable wearable induction loops, not the ones fixed outside the set, but the ones that can be hidden under the costumes. I tried some RF, doesn't work for us. I searched the net, only to find some cheap, not reliable products. If anyone have some recommendations, some brands, is perfect.

I need complete sets, preferably in EU, thanks!

I have 2 sets for sale if you're interested in buying. I'll message you.

The PSC stuff works fine if you are careful and plan things out.  The audio is lo-fi at best: they were really designed for verbal communication only.   That said I've made them work ok in quite a number of musical applications, partly by  tailoring some "pre-processing" of the audio signal I send to them to their peculiar frequency response.

And if there's music playing on stage, you will end up really pushing the levels in the transmitter and the wireless receiver, basically pushing them into limiting just to get enough sound level in the ear piece, and by tailoring the frequency response. At least that's my experience.

The larger the ear piece, the louder it can sound. The ones sitting at the back of the outer ear can produce enough sound level, because they are made for near deaf people. The ones put in the ear canal are hard to get proper level out of, with music playing on stage.

And choose your wireless receiver wisely, I've gotten more level out of the Shure systems than the Sennheiser systems - 2-3dB more. And it might be needed.

At times, you will be walking a tightrope.

Good luck

Fred