Fall is tumbleweed time

LarryF

14 hours ago, Mattias Larsen said:

Interesting, I was using a 688 with SL6 and srcs this summer and the channels of the srcs had to be spaced quite tight to accept the frequency. I am curious to what that could have been then? If I remember correctly the 2nd channel of the SRCs had to be tuned within 12mhz of the first, or something in that line.

I dont have sra/b/c myself, only a 411, so my experience has only been a few times when renting or lending, so I could have missed something obvious.

Super happy with the 411/uh400a for the limited time I have been using it tho, it is truly amazing that something from 2004 can compete with brand new products and some even preferred it over the SR line must mean that it has defenitely earned its reputation. I hope that you manage to keep and build on that with this one. Curious to see how it compares in real life. 

But that's great to know about the SRC. I have 2 lectro tx units (digital hybrid) so far. One in blk 24 and one in 25. So I could in theory run them both from an src at the same in the right tuning range?

Mattias, I'm not sure what the issue could have been. Could it have been an SRb, which only has a 25.5 MHz tuning bandwidth? So in that case if ch. 1 is in the middle of the band, then Ch. 2 could only be tuned 12 or 13 MHz apart. But an SRc tunes across about 76 MHz. Other than that, I don't know what the issue could have been. 

Glad to hear you are still getting great results with those classic units! 

On 10/6/2020 at 6:42 AM, karlw said:

Hi Jake, it's not possible for WD to have a single saved connection list where a unit (or "frame") has both USB and Network connections. However, it would be easy enough to build and save two connection lists, one with that unit as a USB connection, and one with as a network connection. 

-Karl

Thanks Karl.  I did look for this answer in a few places and couldn't find it. Just to be clear, as I don't want the question to get lost in translation. I could create two separate saved connections lists (or frames as I'm understanding the term), one based on ethernet and one based on usb connections correct? Would I be able to have both of these populate one screen simultaneously in WD? Allowing me to coordinate and view all Rx/Tx? If I have my Venue 1's, M2T, and DSQD connected locally via usb and say a couple 822's connected via USB-to-ethernet in a box on set? I don't want one unit to be in both a USB frame and a Ethernet frame, I want USB and Ethernet connections in one frame, or one saved connection to administer from WD. Does that make sense?

13 hours ago, jakeslaney said:

Thanks Karl.  I did look for this answer in a few places and couldn't find it. Just to be clear, as I don't want the question to get lost in translation. I could create two separate saved connections lists (or frames as I'm understanding the term), one based on ethernet and one based on usb connections correct? Would I be able to have both of these populate one screen simultaneously in WD? Allowing me to coordinate and view all Rx/Tx? If I have my Venue 1's, M2T, and DSQD connected locally via usb and say a couple 822's connected via USB-to-ethernet in a box on set? I don't want one unit to be in both a USB frame and a Ethernet frame, I want USB and Ethernet connections in one frame, or one saved connection to administer from WD. Does that make sense?

Hi Jake, I've verified with our programmer that yes, you can mix and match connections via USB and Network on the same running Wireless Designer panel, and the connection lists feature support this as well. With that, yes, you can coordinate all connected devices. 

15 hours ago, Michael Lonsdale said:

Not sure where this receiver fits into my workflow. 

Not sure either, but I can tell you where it fits mine: first as a bag receiver in place of a DSQD. I have my bag set-up as an instant backup to my cart on which I have a DSQD. I have no other rx covering this frequency range and no other rx compatible with the digital mode. So now my bag is a full backup again, plus a powerful standalone solution. 

I said before that I have no use for the slot-in format. In my bag I currently have an Octopack with 4 rx (I don‘t actually wear this bag), but I‘ve started to reconfigure this bag to four individual receivers, linked by a PSC MultiSMA. Previously I had a Sixpack and a quadpack and all of these solutions are too large and heavy. Once I‘ve moved over to individual receivers I don’t need the slot-in chassis anymore at all