World's Worst Foley Artist (video)

Jim Feeley

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/24/2020 at 7:47 PM, Jim Feeley said:

This is gold!  It reminds me distinctly of rehearsals for action sequences where the actors yell bang instead of actually shooting. We had an actress who actually did the “pew pew pew” sounds when she fired and it was really funny.

On 9/25/2020 at 3:06 AM, Olle Sjostrom said:

Awesome!

I came to think about a Hayao Miyazaki film, the last one he did, The Wind Rises, where all the machines and explosions basically are created by mouth. Kinda inspiring. 

https://youtu.be/vh57zcmI3WQ

that is incredible! How did they do the metal sound? Kind of like metal pinging on a flagpole?  I can see the rocks tumbling being mouth sounds, but the metallic ones are utterly convincing.

16 hours ago, Izen Ears said:

that is incredible! How did they do the metal sound? Kind of like metal pinging on a flagpole?  I can see the rocks tumbling being mouth sounds, but the metallic ones are utterly convincing.

Don't know. But probably they're mixing. Not sure when it's mouth or why, but I remember it being like when it's explosions or engineer related stuff, engines..

Definitely the metal isn't voice. The movie goes in and out of fantasy and reality a lot so maybe the mouth sounds are  a representation of like fantasy and unreal things and that there's an unclear distinction between the two worlds for the main character. It's a cool concept. 

• 3 weeks later...