Ktek Stingray X line

aksanaom

2 hours ago, aksanaom said:

Has anyone gotten their hands on the updated "X" bags? I need a bag for my 633, but I'm holding out to hear how these new ones are.

They aren't available yet – the small will be shipped to dealers in around 2 weeks, but they may only get enough to cover initial pre-orders, with more in November, JuniorX and their Scorpio bag are TBD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Looks like there's a Large-X coming, KSTGLX.  When I inquired about options for a 788t/cl-8 in current offerings (now that the medium's retired), Tino responded that this was coming Julyish, and would work.  He said it'll have the Stingray X features; a little smaller than the current large, and a little roomier than the medium.  I wonder if B&H have jumped the gun a little, as it's not up at usual suspects, and there's no marketing metadata for the page.  $389.90USD in orange:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1639190-REG/k_tek_kstglx_stingray_large_x_orange_for_sd.html

Presumably purple premium for purple premium people?

Noyzboyz.nl has it up, too, with pics.  €360,58 before VAT.

https://www.noyzboyz.nl/en/k-tek-kstglx.html

Might still go for a used medium, though.

2 hours ago, Barry M said:

Noyzboyz.nl has it up, too, with pics.  €360,58 before VAT.

https://www.noyzboyz.nl/en/k-tek-kstglx.html

Thanks for the heads-up Barry. 

The pictures on the NoyzBoyz website seem to be of the 2nd version not the X but I really do appreciate your post.

I have an 888 that I'm really not happy with squeezing into the Stingray SmallX - I fear all cables on the side will need to be right angled, and quite frankly, that's not practical in my view.

Will

• 1 month later...

Has anyone received the large yet? Any experience with fitting a Scorpio with SL6? 
Im interested in seeing how the straight XLR/TA5F etc ins and out connectors on the side of the Scorpio fit in the bag without putting strain on the cables from the side walls of the bag. 

Is there enough space in the bag for straight connectors? 

I agree with Soundwill re right angle connectors not being practical nor to my liking in the bag. 

Thanks 

Picked up my large X purple. I was hesitant at the shop when I tried my Scorpio with CL6 in it as it seemed like the straight XLR’s would be strained by the side walls of the bag. 

I ended up buying it to try out and in the end I hooked everything up and if I leave the sides open a bit, the XLR’s are not really getting strained. If the sides were zipped up all the way, the XLR would be strained a bit. 

I’ll leave the back side zips down pretty much all the way with the front side zipped up to the top edge of the bag which seems to be good. Will allow for ventilation as well. 

Cam link is in the right outer most pocket. IFB tx on the left outermost pocket. Only gravity holding them in at the stage. Will look into a better solution for securing a bit better. 

Access to SD cards and time code connector is easy. 

Antenna attachments on the front are very handy. 

Headphones in the mesh pocket on the inside left. 

I’ll probably tweak where I have the NP1/cup and the spare NP1 as it’s in the front pocket at the moment. Will see how it goes where it is. I don’t like burying the NP1 deep into the bags to allow for quick battery changes. 

I might try some shorter articulated arms for the antenna at some point or go back to the little mounts that came with the bow ties. 

Bag is very well made as is everything from K Tek. 

It’s a lot more compact than the Orca OR334 I was using. I’ll probably sell the OR334 if anyone is interested. 

Yet to try on a gig. Looking forward to it. 

Cheers. 

137B61DF-6276-49CC-A886-F353CDE6B999.jpeg

5CAC357E-B2E7-4FD6-BB1C-84D799DAFABE.jpeg

I have an X-Small and was curious other people’s experiences with it. I’m currently running an 833 with SL-2 and I’m having some issues with it sitting properly. Only having the two side points to Velcro it to the bag, it sags away from my body and is always sunk into the bag more then I would like. Anyone else experience this? Or have a way of propping the mixer up a little more? 

1 hour ago, Erob said:

I have an X-Small and was curious other people’s experiences with it. I’m currently running an 833 with SL-2 and I’m having some issues with it sitting properly. Only having the two side points to Velcro it to the bag, it sags away from my body and is always sunk into the bag more then I would like. Anyone else experience this? Or have a way of propping the mixer up a little more? 

I think what you described happened to me at first. I used a long orange pillow that came with one of my old Petrol bags to prop the Scorpio up a bit. I’ve used the velcro loops as well which is something I’ve never had to use with any mixer/bag combo I’ve ever had so it felt odd to do so. 

The other thing I had to do was squeeze the top of the divider right up against the SL6 to hold the whole rig in firmly. 

Seems to be okay but the real test will be on my next job. I’m hoping it all sits nicely when working off the shoulder. 

2 hours ago, Erob said:

Yeah, the sagging away from body thing happens to me with my MP10 and Stingray Junior X. I just velcro the MP10 to the bottom side of the bag directly, and don't use the velcro loops, since they're fastened in the middle of the bag, not the bottom. I have my wireless receivers at the top side of the main compartment so hanging the MP10 in the middle of the compartment would be odd.

The MP10 mostly sticks to the bag in the middle area but doesn't quite hold onto the velcro on the sides, as it curves outwards against my body. It's a little annoying, but it's still very securely held by the velcro. If anyone has an idea of how to improve the rigidity of the bag (to keep it rectangular rather than bending out against my body), it would solve a minor annoyance...

FWIW I've found that having both wireless pouches filled at the top side of the bag helps with rigidity for whatever reason, so even if I only need one or two wires I keep an extra receiver up there, rather than having an SRc on one side or the other and taking the other one out to save weight.

5 hours ago, Erob said:

I like a really tight bag that does not shift. I, too, have used that "long orange pillow that came with one of my old Petrol bags" to prop up the mixer. In addition, I secure the mixer to the bag using really heavy duty cable ties. One on each side. I have made special cable tie holes in various bags to position the mixer exactly where I want it. It never sinks down into the bag or moves in any direction this way. I love Velcro... but not for rigging my bag.

Cheers,

Tim

On 8/14/2021 at 6:40 AM, Erob said:

+1 for the Petrol Bag pillows - I've used 3 of these to prop up my 833/SL2 in my Small X K-Tek bag.

1521527376_K-TekSide.jpg

572747344_K-TekTop.jpg

• 2 months later...
On 8/13/2021 at 7:36 PM, Ian Berman said:

Yeah, the sagging away from body thing happens to me with my MP10 and Stingray Junior X. I just velcro the MP10 to the bottom side of the bag directly, and don't use the velcro loops, since they're fastened in the middle of the bag, not the bottom. I have my wireless receivers at the top side of the main compartment so hanging the MP10 in the middle of the compartment would be odd.

The MP10 mostly sticks to the bag in the middle area but doesn't quite hold onto the velcro on the sides, as it curves outwards against my body. It's a little annoying, but it's still very securely held by the velcro. If anyone has an idea of how to improve the rigidity of the bag (to keep it rectangular rather than bending out against my body), it would solve a minor annoyance...

FWIW I've found that having both wireless pouches filled at the top side of the bag helps with rigidity for whatever reason, so even if I only need one or two wires I keep an extra receiver up there, rather than having an SRc on one side or the other and taking the other one out to save weight.

Update, I zip tied one corner of the mixpre 10 to the frame of my ktek bag (it's internally accessible without going thru any zippers). Seems to help with making the bag more rigid, and it no longer sags against my body in the same way. 

IMG_1532.jpg