Getting sound to clients during covid

Apcki

Hey all, 

Was just curious how everyone's workflow has been for this. Pretty much all the shoots I've been on recently have had client/agency on zoom, FaceTime, Skype, whatever. How are you guys feeding an audio signal to them? Trying to see if there is a better way than just sending an ifb signal out to the mic input of the laptop or phone they are using. 

In my view what you are doing sounds fine. it's economical too. What i have been doing for a while is sending clean mix to the camera (c300 or fs7), hooking up the HDMI output of the camera to a CAMLINK 4K usb capture device connected to my laptop and beaming the client sound and video via zoom or googlemeet. Sounds and looks good. They can even conduct remote interviews this way. I'm doing one tomorrow with a tele remote controlled iPad teleprompter. I am the only crew on sight. Client and agency and teleprompter op will dial into me remotely. There is of course an up charge.