Denecke slate servicing

cjh

One of my long service Denecke slates is intermittently not shutting off display when the sticks are closed. Any info on user servicing / what needs replacing appreciated as don’t have time to send off the the mother ship at mo. 

thank you!

chris. 

There is a switch in the sticks called a Hall switch. It's the Hall switch that signals the display to freeze for a few frames and then extinguish. The Hall switch has a shorter service life than the slate as a whole. It's an easy repair and not, as I recall, particularly expensive. But it does require a trip to a service facility. If possible, send your slate to Denecke in Santa Clarita, California. If that's difficult, call Charlie Parra and explain your circumstances. I expect he could send the necessary parts to a facility near you.

David 

I see now that you are in New Zealand. That's a bit of a commute and a time differential that makes scheduling a phone call a challenge. You can email Denecke at: info@denecke.com

David 

Nothing to add to the above statements except that they generally have a quick servicing turnaround. Denecke is a company that I feel good about supporting because they do great work and are really amazing folks. They’re here for us so we’re heee for them :D