RIP Eric Toline

Mack

So sad to hear of his passing, like many i found him to be the go-to source of knowledge for everything cables on this site. And after learning all the pin outs of hirose, XLRs etc. I think I can still learn a great deal about mentoring and sharing knowledge from his virtual estate. Condolences to his family and friends. I will think about you when i put my shiny silver headphones on Mr Toline!

Even though I never got to meet Eric face to face I considered him not only a incredible wealth of knowledge for all things sound but a friend. I was lucky enough to have been able to chat with Eric every weekend for the last several years. I would recomend people watch the podcast posted here from Joseph Boyle and inspired by Rachel Cameron about Eric.  He will be missed. "And you do What"?

A great loss to this community for sure. I sent a lot of items to him over the years for repair and he was always a phone call away for my boneheaded questions.
I do have to say that he had been ailing for some time and I was unable to get answers from him over the whereabouts of some repairs that he had done. He proudly insisted on not shipping until he had built the custom cables I asked for. Even after I said the customs were no big deal, he claimed he would get to them. He never did and the repairs never shipped. It was probably last fall that I last messaged him with no answer, yet 2 or 3 weeks ago, the story of not having something on a gig because it was somewhere in Ft. Lauderdale was still entertaining a new and different crew!
He was a great man and resource, truly.
 If anyone thinks my little box of cables and mic repairs still exist somewhere, I'm all ears.
RIP Eric.

Eric Toline was a very important figure in my life and one of the only people who embraced me even though I was a strange mouthy eastern European immigrant. We use to talk on the phone often and also hang out when he was in Las Vegas for NAB. 
Eric changed my life. For real. I would not be where I am if it was not for him. 
Back in 2012 I was thinking about moving to Los Angeles. I told him about my plans when I was driving him from his hotel to the airport. He seriously turned to me and said: DONT DO IT! STAY HERE IN LAS VEGAS. If you go to Los Angeles you will be a small fish in a big pond. But if you stay in Las Vegas you will be a BIG FISH in a small pond. 

Well as usual I listened. And it was the best decision I have ever made.  Eric was right.

Eric was the most significant person in my life after my parents. 
I LOVE HIM. AND I MISS HIM. 
I hope he is sipping rum and fishing up there!!!  ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...