Most typical chargers used in a charge case?

WrineX

Hi there !

I get allot of questions can you make a charge peli ? 

Well the answer is usually ... i dont know depending on the  chargers, i bet i can but  i am not looking forward to make a charge case with 5 different chargers in there that are not at all made to be used into a case.... like no mounting options, rounded off and they all have there own separate power brick. i dont blame the producers i make chargers that are standalone to.
But i thought many times, it would be so nice if all chargers had a sort of old mixer frame. with a front panel that can drop into a rectangular hole to make a case that houses all chargers and be fed with one power supply lead.

So i though what batteries do you use ?

Please  let me know the list of different batteries YOU use daily in a charge case (except special recorder batteries, like a Cantar uses for instance) just to make a top 5 or something. and maybe there is a solution to make it fit in a charge a case more cleanly ? who knows. (things like AA (lithium or just the regular), Np50 , Np1 etc etc)

Kind regards Joppe 

• WrineX changed the title to Most typical chargers used in a charge case?

I can't find the official specification but "Smart batteries" are what the Cantar uses, and what companies like Sound Devices and Aaton are using now as the NP1 is phasing out, RRC and Inspired Energy both make chargers that can be dropped into projects – AudioRoot, Remote Audio, and Sound Devices are selling OEM Inspired Energy batteries with their own label. AudioRoot also makes their own with their "neo" batteries, but I haven't figured out their OEM.

So you shouldn't ignore this battery, as it is a new "standard" that is quickly replacing the NP1s in sound bag use, the "off the shelf" chargers are easy to add to a charging case if you can supply the 24v DC they need.

Anyways my batteries:

• Smart Batteries
  • AA Batteries
  • Np50 batteries
  • Motorola BT100
  • General USB plugs to charge devices with built in batteries 

3 minutes ago, Shastapete said:

I can't find the official specification but "Smart batteries" are what the Cantar uses, and what companies like Sound Devices and Aaton are using now as the NP1 is phasing out, RRC and Inspired Energy both make chargers that can be dropped into projects – AudioRoot, Remote Audio, and Sound Devices are selling OEM Inspired Energy batteries with their own label. AudioRoot also makes their own with their "neo" batteries, but I haven't figured out their OEM.

So you shouldn't ignore this battery, as it is a new "standard" that is quickly replacing the NP1s in sound bag use, the "off the shelf" chargers are easy to add to a charging case if you can supply the 24v DC they need.

Anyways my batteries:

• Smart Batteries
  • AA Batteries
  • Np50 batteries
  • Motorola BT100
  • General USB plugs to charge devices with built in batteries 

Thanks M8 !! smart batteries, never heard of those :)  any specifik brand ? since they look to be any battery that holds a BMS :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/17/2020 at 3:39 PM, WrineX said:

Thanks M8 !! smart batteries, never heard of those :)  any specifik brand ? since they look to be any battery that holds a BMS :)

Just saw your follow up question – The battery "everyone" is using is the Inspired Energy NH2054HD34 battery, RRC makes an RRC2054-2 battery that is compatible, and Audioroot has a battery that is OEMed by Inspired Energy, but now offers their own version as well by a different manufacturer

There's also a half sized 49wh battery, ND2054hd34RRC2054, and 48Neo that have the same footprint and charge connector, but are half the length (and power)

There are batteries out there with this form factor with Remote Audio and Sound Devices labels – but they are made by Inspired Energy with private label attached

7 minutes ago, Shastapete said:

Just saw your follow up question – The battery "everyone" is using is the Inspired Energy NH2054HD34 battery, RRC makes an RRC2054-2 battery that is compatible, and Audioroot has a battery that is OEMed by Inspired Energy, but now offers their own version as well by a different manufacturer

There's also a half sized 49wh battery, ND2054hd34RRC2054, and 48Neo that have the same footprint and charge connector, but are half the length (and power)

There are batteries out there with this form factor with Remote Audio and Sound Devices labels – but they are made by Inspired Energy with private label attached

well thank you so they are essentialy the new NP1 sort of?   cool. i never seen them :) not weird since im out for a while haha. ill look them up, my guess is they are multisell though.  do you always need a charger for it ? or can you dangle them on the apropiate power supply ? this tells me if they got a battery management in them or the charger is suplying that 

Oh i see they sell chargers so that one is awnsered :) haha

they are rather fancy batteries and chargers !

they look nice and are a bit more complicated then an NP50 :) but nice they have a new king in town by the looks of it. (VS the Np1)