SD833 + LC8+

henrimic

This is a great combo. This little controller from Sonosax is a perfect complement to the 833. The unit is recognized as soon as plugged, all buttons are operational and the build quality is excellent. The faders are smooth, slightly less than on larger Sx mixers, but I especially like the faders placement, very ergonomic, at least for my fingers. This little guy allow to use the channels 7 and 8 very easily and with it’s perfect form factor, it’s a tool that will find its place on many small gigs where 8 mikes are enough. 

4AB80607-D0B3-4A99-90F2-1C899C2A751B.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 10/24/2020 at 12:46 PM, codyman said:

Looks great!  Does anyone know if channel gain can be controlled via a control surface on the 833 or do you have to use the knobs on the recorder itself?

It would be nice to get this confirmed by a Sonosax control surface user, but I think if you're using LC8 then you could only change the gain via the 833 (or 888/Scorpio) itself. (because there are no rotary knobs on the LC8 itself)

It looks nice! I was wondering how do you connect it to the 833? That 8 pin lemo (it looks like a lemo on the pictures i found) to usb? Can you still map these 8 assignable button to any of the mappable function in the 833? It's also powered through the same cable?

I could see this as a small control surface for the 888 i use when i can't take my cart. Because really mixing on these small pots is not very efficient...

Indeed the connection with the LC8 is via a USB-Binder cable sold with the unit. It is also powered by the USB.
 I don’t have this setup anymore as I am now fully Sonosax with the R4+, so I am not certain if you can map the buttons to other fonctions than pfl and select on the 833. I am quite sure that you can map the slate rec and stop buttons. 

14 hours ago, henrimic said:

Indeed, and this has to be confirmed, but I think you can’t use two LC8+ or mismatch controllers on the 833. 

I've seen people pair an iCON M+ on the side, alongside their CL12 as their main control surface. 

So I'm fairly certain you can mismatch controllers with an 8 Series, just not sure exactly what combos are ok and what hidden quirks exist.