Sound blanket hanging solution

Apcki

Not sure if you can really call it DIY but I did throw together a little solution for hanging the sound blankets I had. 

Started with some monfrotto 1005bac light stands since they go up to 9 feet when fully extended. Love these things because they clip together for easier storage. 20201023_133804.jpg

They I attached a super clamp to hold the pvc pipe. 

20201023_133639.jpg

Picked up some mounting stuffs from home depot. 

20201023_132941.jpg

And there it is! It actually stays up without a sandbag, which of course I'd use for safety, but thought it was pretty cool it didn't need one. There is a slight bend to the pvc, but it seems to hold be fine. Maybe I'll try with some speed rail later. 

20201023_132727.jpg20201023_132756.jpg

Many of them don't. I am rarely invited to the location scout. A couple DPs i work with don't want me or my gear on set until after they have set camera and lightning and blocked the shot. I am off set micing people at this time but when they are ready to roll and i now get to setup my boom holder, boom mic, sound blankets, etc they call out, "Waiting on sound." I tell them, "Even god waits on sound. That is why thunder comes after lightning."

I am in favor of using 4x8 or 12  black thick cardboard boards creating a sound baffle which stand up on their own, when a couple of them are taped together. More effective than sound blankets, zero erection time and no reflections (camera department loves them due to the negative bounce). Not easily foldable like the sound blankets, but I strap them on top of my car, IKEA ad style.

• 3 weeks later...