MKH 8060 without MZF8000?

kavenzmann

Hi,

I'm actually using the off time to reconfigure my mics.

I also got an MKH 8060 for booming and using it in a windshield.

The windshield I already have is nearly perfect, but a tack to short if I also use the MZF with it.

It's only 280mm long, but makes a very tiny outdoor boom basket.

My MixPre 6 II has 'customisable' low cut settings, but will they also work nicely with the 8060?

From the tech specs:

• Low Cut Filters 
    • 40 Hz to 160 Hz (adjustable), 18 dB/oct. First stage analog, subsequent stages digital.

Anybody tried this or isn' it worth and I need another basket and better don't use it without the MZF?

THX

• 1 month later...

FYI:

The original MZF is a good investment but still lacks a little stronger filtering.

I'd advice to ask for the modified version if you buy new.

The filter on the MixPre is nice, too, but the gaps between frequencies are huge (40, 80, 120 or 160Hz at 18db/oct fixed) and there aren't too many options.

The first downside, that I found for the MixPre so far.

I used the MKH8060 without the MZF and 80Hz/18db successful. So you can live without the MZF if neccessary.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/14/2020 at 8:44 PM, NCSOUND said:

The modified filter is no longer available :(

I was just notified by my dealer, that my order placed in September was canceled by Sennheiser. Apparently, they closed the entire "custom department". Back in September they quoted me with a delivery time of 4-6 weeks.

Wow. I just googled up this article from July, 2020:

Sennheiser Announces Layoffs Amidst Slowing Market

With consumer and live sound sales heavily impacted by COVID-19, Sennheiser will cut 650 jobs worldwide by the end of 2022.

Wedemark, Germany (July 14, 2020)—Having closed its fiscal year in June, the family-owned Sennheiser Group has announced its financial results for 2019, and while sales were only slightly down overall for the year, the company is preparing for the worst. Citing the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on its consumer and professional businesses, as well as a slowdown in the headphone market, Sennheiser will cut roughly 650 employees by the end of 2022, with about 300 of those jobs in Germany.

Daniel Sennheiser, co-CEO of Sennheiser, noted in a statement, “In order to position the company for a successful future, we will adapt our organizational structure to the changing conditions and align it with the new requirements.” As a result, the company will be looking to make cuts in corporate functions such as Supply Chain and Operations. Aiming to enact the reduction in what it termed a “socially responsible manner,” Sennheiser will consider measures such as not filling open positions, a voluntary redundancy scheme and severance options in addition to offering partial and early retirement.

Rest of the article:

https://www.prosoundnetwork.com/business/sennheiser-announces-layoffs-amidst-slowing-market

That's unfortunate. Their 2019 report showed them to be in good financial shape and I expect 2020 was probably pretty good except for consumer products. 650 employees is 23% of their 2800 staff. About 70% of their staff is Europe and 51% in Germany.

On 1/5/2021 at 9:29 PM, henrimic said:

And being also a consumer oriented company

Their high value brand name for professional products and service started to crumble like an aged MZW 415 the day they focused on consumer products.

Today a big chunk fell off for me.

Update:

My dealer just called me. Some longtime employee Sennheiser remembered my order and called them, as they were about to tidy things up and throw away their last unit. I am happy I'll get mine after all, but it is a tragedy, that they do not offer this option any more.