Custom Inovativ Cart Handles

saadasound

I'm working on a follow cart and would love to add some inovativ grip handles that rotate. I'm waiting to hear from them to see what the diameter of the rods are on their carts to match, but was wondering if anyone has done this modification at all, or have made similar modifications with DIY handles? They would be attaching the the sides of a rack case.

Here’s an idea for diy’ing. Buy split shaft collars and machine a handle to have the right thread on one side. Add a rubber grip. 

I’m not a huge fan of the innovative rotating handles because they have a tendency to slip when you need them. Like going up a ramp. 

On 10/28/2020 at 5:03 PM, saadasound said:

I'm working on a follow cart and would love to add some inovativ grip handles that rotate. I'm waiting to hear from them to see what the diameter of the rods are on their carts to match, but was wondering if anyone has done this modification at all, or have made similar modifications with DIY handles? They would be attaching the the sides of a rack case.

What size diameter are you attaching the handles to?

On 10/28/2020 at 9:07 PM, Johnny Karlsson said:

I believe the Inovativ rods are 1.5”

Their handles aren’t cheap of course, but if they fit your cart, I would say they are solid. I’m not sure how one would DYI the twist lock mechanism, which is quite clever imho.

It is quite clever but Inovativ did not invent it. I’m sure the patent is expired for whoever did. It is the same mechanism used for certain removable power tools handles. I am not sure for which tools, probably for bigger drills. I see them by themself at my local “recycle” place for purchasing anything used. I picked up a few used ones for possible use some day but never have. Not sure where they are since my last move was recent. They may need to be adapted with a rubber collar to reduce to your specific diameter as they are larger. I’m sure they can be purchased as replacement parts for the tools.

On 10/28/2020 at 5:03 PM, saadasound said:

Check this kind of handle out. I’m sure the diameters vary depending on which drill they are made for. I prefer the ones with a cast aluminum split ring end instead of a strap.

https://www.ereplacementparts.com/side-handle-assembly-p-140583.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjwlvT8BRDeARIsAACRFiVhxJGcjVptQ35jHkr_7s2FcQdwBmfkiIGz0nK4oXUDsazAKP4J-5gaAgFtEALw_wcB