Help finding SD664 large knob hex set screw size

PMC

Today I decided to remove the large knobs of my 664 and put a thin rubber O ring between the face plate and the bottom of the knob in order to have more resistance required to turn them. They have always been too easy to turn with just the brushing of a garment, my coat, my belly, etc. None of my Allen wenches fit. For SAE 1/16 (.063) is too small. 5/64 (.078) is too large. For Metric 1.5mm is too small and 2.0 mm is too large.

I spoke with a CS rep in Reedsburg and he said he has an Allen wrench that fits. He thinks it's 2mm but the tool isn't marked with a size. 🤪

Does anyone know for sure what size Allen the dang thing needs? I have tried several sets of wrenches and nothing is working for me. Must be a specialty size. Thanks for any help.

I called twice. At first he said it was 1/16. I said i tried that. It was too loose. I went out and bought a new 1/16. Still too loose. I called back hoping to get someone else. I got the same guy. He went to a repair station and said he found one that worked and thought the unlabelled Allen was 2mm. But my two 2mm wrenches are too big.

Very frustraiting.

Thanks Peter and Valentine. I have only tried to loosen two of the six knobs. I used a random 1/16 out of my tool box. Then I used a new quality 1/16 Allen. Same thing. The 1/16 is somewhat loose and slips before lossening the set screw. This is the first time i have tried to take the knobs off so I am not striping the screws. I am going to try to get a different technician on the phone at SD and try to get a definitive answer.