Gain staging

Erob

Recently I’ve been on a few gigs and have noticed some issues with my lectro wireless in terms of gain staging. There is a very high probability it’s something I’ve done wrong, so please let me know if I’ve overlooked something. 

I’m having issues with my SSM’s and SRc’s in terms of gain staging, it sounds like I’m overloading at some stage. I have them plugged into my 833 and during the recordings it’s not peaking there. But it sounds slightly distorted (like it’s peaking), I have the mixer gain down as far as it will go (12 dB) and the transmitter as well (-7). After a little while of trying a few different things I brought the output of the SRc down from +5, the way I understand it that brings it just about to line level. 

any ideas what I could be doing wrong? 

• 2 weeks later...

Very embarrassing, but that was in fact it. Luckily no one else seemed to notice as i got a few compliments that everything sounded good. Was able to make the correction and it sounded even better though. Appreciate the feedback! 

Still, feel very silly for overlooking that.