Lectrosonics UM400 vs UM400a + Sanken COS 11

hobie690

Hello!

I'm a camera guy, and finally decided I should get myself a second wireless system to match my first one. The first one was a UCR411a receiver and a UM400 transmitter. I now have another UCR411a receiver on the way as well as a UM400a transmitter.

When I ordered my second transmitter, I mistakenly thought that my current transmitter was also UM400a. I have a couple of Sanken Cos11s in my inventory already and thought I'd be set to go.

The issue of servo bias vs the earlier non-servo kind is in the cobwebs of my memory from purchasing these microphones back in 2017, but I can't find any proof as to which variety of microphone wiring I purchased. I would think I would have ordered servo bias as I believe those microphones are backward compatible, but can't find proof one way or the other.

The fine gentlemen who sold me the Sankens is Eric Toline--some of you may know him and may also know that sadly he passed away in October--so I can't ask him now either!

Can someone help me figure out how to know how my Sankens are wired? Is this an issue?

Thanks!

Tim