KPTA – K-Tek Sidekick KlassicPro Transmitter Adapter issue

Sndspd

Hi all,

Anyone have any issues with Ktek's newer klassicpro TA (TX adapter bottom; 'winglet').  It seems that any standard Neutrek connector will not lock into the adapter whether it be the old generation connector to the newer ones.  My Zaxcom HM plug-on won't even lock in.  Pictures below.

I visited Ktek today to see if my TA was a defect.  Unfortunately it does not seem so since I tried another TA from them with my cables and same result, not locking.  Supposedly they were using a current generation of Neutrik connector as a test piece that was locking it in place.  This connector locked into mine but doesn't help me at all.   A lot of my XLR's has the older generation of Neutrik connector.

I've been told that Wisycom plug-ons and Sennheiser plug-on's has this issue also.  Can anyone confirm if Lectrosonics plug-on is a problem?

Thanks,

Gabe

TA Neutrik.jpg

TA Zaxcom HM.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I’ve had one pole out of the three K-tek poles I have owned that didn’t lock onto any Neutrik XLR, nor onto the Lectro plugs. But the other two that I still own work with anything I have tried. I recently worked with someone else’s PSC pole that didn’t lock to the HM plugon, but did lock with a Neutrik XLR. Solution there was to put the HM on the belt and run a short coiled cable from the pole.

I also have two Ambient poles (one with side and one with bottom XLR) and they both work with HM/HMa plug-ons.

In conclusion, I can’t say that any of this points to the problem being consistently with one manufacturer.

On 12/5/2020 at 9:55 AM, Paul F said:

I had the same problem. But I found that if I firmly push in and down (towards the lock) it will lock in place.

I'll have to give that a try. 

23 hours ago, Johnny Karlsson said:

Well, I’ve had one pole out of the three K-tek poles I have owned that didn’t lock onto any Neutrik XLR, nor onto the Lectro plugs. But the other two that I still own work with anything I have tried. I recently worked with someone else’s PSC pole that didn’t lock to the HM plugon, but did lock with a Neutrik XLR. Solution there was to put the HM on the belt and run a short coiled cable from the pole.

I also have two Ambient poles (one with side and one with bottom XLR) and they both work with HM/HMa plug-ons.

In conclusion, I can’t say that any of this points to the problem being consistently with one manufacturer.

This will be the first K-tek pole that I've owned that has this issue.  I've had a PSC, Loon, and Ambient QX poles that didn't have this issue so it came as a surprise in K-teks new line.

Side note - K-tek's current KP pole's knuckles and feel remind me of Loon's though not as refined.  By far Loon's collars/collarette are the best that were manufactured in the US.  Everything else about them needed a redesign.

Gabe