Sound carts

Mick

1 hour ago, Trey said:

I have thought about a small sound cart, and then have a utility cart that I could bring if needed. Both could fold up and go in the trunk/backseat of the car easy. But I am sure that as my needs evolve so will the carts! LOL

GrayDogAudio_Cart.jpg

I've been really happy with my Olympia "utility" cart. I can throw the contents in the trunk of my Honda Fit, then fold the cart and slide it behind the front seats on the floor. Upgrading the casters to 5" made a world of difference in being able to go over rough/broken paving and sidewalks.

15 minutes ago, Allen Rowand said:

GrayDogAudio_Cart.jpg

I've been really happy with my Olympia "utility" cart. I can throw the contents in the trunk of my Honda Fit, then fold the cart and slide it behind the front seats on the floor. Upgrading the casters to 5" made a world of difference in being able to go over rough/broken paving and sidewalks.

Too bad that cart isn't wide enough for a Pelican 1510.  I always thought having a three tiered lightweight cart for hauling two 1510's (but tall enough to have space to open the lid while the case stays on its shelf) with the top tier being a work surface would be a great tool to have for little bag shoots.

51 minutes ago, Allen Rowand said:

GrayDogAudio_Cart.jpg

Yup, that is the cart I am thinking about!

46 minutes ago, codyman said:

Too bad that cart isn't wide enough for a Pelican 1510

I can't vouch for the opening the lid while still on the shelf bit, but I've been thinking about using this cart myself until I get around to making a real legit one. They have an XL version that will fit the pelicans you are talking about. It's also taller so would be a little easier to work off of I think. 

Cart.PNG

1 hour ago, Allen Rowand said:

Upgrading the casters to 5" made a world of difference in being able to go over rough/broken paving and sidewalks.

Where did you source your 5" casters from?

4 minutes ago, Erob said:

I can't vouch for the opening the lid while still on the shelf bit, but I've been thinking about using this cart myself until I get around to making a real legit one. They have an XL version that will fit the pelicans you are talking about. It's also taller so would be a little easier to work off of I think.

Good to know they have an XL version, can't beat that price either.

These carts won't take enough weight for my bigger jobs, and the wheels are far too small for me, esp re getting over cables, curbs, door jambs etc.  There is a reason you see so many Magliner carts, as expensive as they are: you can load them up to ridiculous extremes and have them still roll fine.  I'm also a major fan of "one trip in, one trip out" working, ie being able to get everything for even a big multitrack job in in 1 cart load.  Way easier re: parking, doors, elevators, security and so on.

1 hour ago, Erob said:

I have the XL version of this.  The price is certainly right and it's handy to have around, and is fine if you need someplace to rest your bag and a pelican case.  I put a couple of Tstak drawer sets in the middle for lavs and such.  You won't be able to cart a whole ton of weight on it, even if they do claim a 300lb capacity.

2 hours ago, codyman said:

Where did you source your 5" casters from?

I got the casters from servicecaster:

https://shop.servicecaster.com/5-Caster-with-Polyurethane-Wheel-p/scc-ts20s514-ppub-m1015-m.htm

https://shop.servicecaster.com/5-Brake-Caster-with-Polyurethane-Wheel-p/scc-ts20s514-ppub-tlb-m1015-m.htm

The small cart will fit a 1510 on the lower shelves, you have to finesse it a bit. But you're not going to be able to open the lid unless it's on top.

I'd love to have something with larger wheels and more capacity, but at the end of the day it all still needs to go into my subcompact Fit.

• 2 years later...
18 hours ago, Ridley said:

Apologies about reviving an old thread. Some were wondering about the price point of the Cannibal Industries SuperZuca (Eric Ballew) cart. In a 2018 Facebook post he confirmed it to be $795 USD. With inflation that puts the cart at around $975 USD (2023).

I don't believe they are making the carts anymore. I've been trying to get my hands on one for a few years and saw a post somewhere about them stopping production. Last time I heard from them (I think back in 2020 or 2021) they said they were waiting for parts, but haven't been able to get a hold of them since then. 

On 10/12/2023 at 4:57 PM, Ridley said:

Apologies about reviving an old thread. Some were wondering about the price point of the Cannibal Industries SuperZuca (Eric Ballew) cart. In a 2018 Facebook post he confirmed it to be $795 USD. With inflation that puts the cart at around $975 USD (2023).

To be honest it is a lot easier to make a 1010 1020 aluminum cart. You are not stuck with the small base of Zuca

Check Tnutz.com for all the parts needed except the wheels that can be purchased everywhere.