Post cheap, strange, silly, funny, ingenious or inexpencive things made in $fareast

DanieldH

His reply is COMEDY! And hillarious at that. You remember comedy don't you. Even noted liberal John Cleese often laments the dumbing down of humor in the effort of a minority to be overly sensitive to hair triggers.

They could never produce Monty Python in this PC age.

Laugh or don't. Then move on.

Humblely submited.

6 hours ago, Geluidloopt said:

lawsuit waiting to happen!

Recorded yesterday an interview with a marketer who produced for a company a promotional app very similar to Pokémon GO (but instead of catching Pokémon, it would be locations where their product was being sold). When I say "very similar", I mean it, this app was a direct rip off but with their products swapped in as the app was there as a marketing angle for their products.

Anyway, during the interview he expressed disappointed they were not sued! I mean, it wasn't their primary intention to get sued, but he said a lawsuit would've been very handy for them for the attention it would've got for them! (this was back during peak popularity for Pokémon GO). The same could be said now? Almost nobody knows about the B9audio CM150F currently, but if Schoeps sued them then everyone in the audio world would hear about it. 

18 hours ago, GuyInLyonFrance said:

can't it be stated in a way that is not so f**king offensive?

I don't know if it can. 

You are absolutely righty and I have not thought about that. Thnx.

I'd humbly suggest to replace "Chinese things" with "things made in China" but am not sure if that would be sufficiently less offensive.

On 12/4/2020 at 6:05 PM, Geluidloopt said:

lawsuit waiting to happen!

As far as I know, there is no copyright in China. Any product can be legally copied and sold there. There can be a lawsuit only for products that would be officially sold in areas like Europe or America. If it can only be bought through Aliexpress, then this is the buyer that is infringing the law.

On 12/4/2020 at 9:58 AM, GuyInLyonFrance said:

"Post cheap, strange, ingenious, silly Chinese things"

Wow.

Just wow.

While I really understand the basis of this post and the implied "humor", can't it be stated in a way that is not so f**king offensive?

Use your imagination! Use your vocabulary!

Jeez...

I agree with these sentiments - you could start a topic about knock offs or bootleg products related to our industry... seems unnecessary to pigeon hole it to “Chinese things”.

• DanieldH changed the title to Post cheap, strange, silly, funny, ingenious or inexpencive things made in $fareast
2 hours ago, Nico P said:

If it can only be bought through Aliexpress, then this is the buyer that is infringing the law.

I am not so sure if this is actually the case for small quantities for personal use regarding the EU and registered designs. I don't think it is reinforced. For brand spoofing it is the case.

2 hours ago, Dalton Patterson said:

For the Nostalgic, a list of items still made in the US:

Leatherman

54 minutes ago, Dave Pullmer said:

I agree with these sentiments - you could start a topic about knock offs or bootleg products related to our industry... seems unnecessary to pigeon hole it to “Chinese things”.

I've actually created this thread not only for humorous aspects of strange advertising or people making things who don't know anything about how to use them but also for the gems that one may not stumble over in western world stores. There are quite a few well known high quality brands from china already, serving our industry.

Anything "intellectual property" may be an aspect, when talking about Chinese markets (and other countries products playing a role there and in  "associated" markets). I can not, so far see, how my topic even suggests this thread should focus on that. Seriously willing to listen who this offends and by what.

For future reference:

I have changed the topic now. it's original title was:

"Post cheap, strange, ingenious, silly Chinese things"

21 hours ago, DanieldH said:

I've actually created this thread not only for humorous aspects of strange advertising or people making things who don't know anything about how to use them but also for the gems that one may not stumble over in western world stores. There are quite a few well known high quality brands from china already, serving our industry.

For sure - I recognized that in the original post title and I didn’t think you had a negative intention. Just thought the wording could’ve been a bit more strategic to be more inclusive / not potentially alienating. 

I like many other mixers am interested in the odd materials and resources we can incorporate in our workflow, regardless of where it is made in the world.

The Boya BY-WS1000 (aka Saramonic VWS/Movo BWS1000 and however else it is branded) gets praises on YT as a less expensive alternative to the Røde Blimp.

I have not found any review yet in regards of handling noise. Mounting a mic on the interference tube is also not state of the art, though even Røde shows does it on their official product photo.

• 6 months later...

One of those little gems that serves well on a studio kinda production. 

It is made/advertised for jewellary presentation. 

It's not perfect, as I'd like 2 zipper sleds per zipper or whatever it is called. Also, a hanger is not integrated and the upper part is a "spandrel".

Source as of now:

https://m.de.aliexpress.com/item/1005001356714419.html

IMG_20210624_193310.jpg