Inverters

Mick

Back again! I'm looking for a reco for an inverter to power an analogue mixer, the type yet to be determined but I'm leaning towards the Soundcraft GB2R 16 track. I'm probably going to have a rack mounted DC power supply of some sort.

At present I have two 30 amp/hour batteries in a box that weighs a lot so I'll be looking for some suggestions for that too. As you can tell I'm researching a complete upgrade to my cart and almost certainly going with the Scorpio recorder without using Dante as that will push my budget too far. The Soundcraft has direct outs on all channels so some creative cabling will facilitate iso track designation. I hope.

Thanks for any info and suggestions. The response I received from my other posts has been really helpful in choosing a mixer and recorder.

Why don't you like the iCon Pro Audio Platform M+? (or Sound Devices CL12? Or Sonosax SX-LC8+?)
None of these would be hugely more expensive than the Soundcraft GB2R (unlike the pricey Sound Devices CL16), and could even be cheaper overall. The cabling and powering would be massively simpler for you, and you'd have more functionality at your finger tips too. (record / stop / custom keys / etc)

@MickTake a look at some youtube videos by Will Prowse. With just a couple videos and a trip to his website you'll have a whole new understanding of current battery systems and inverters. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoj6RxIAQq8kmJme-5dnN0Q

Though he is mostly looking at off-grid solar systems, if you just take the battery and inverter half that's exactly what we need/want for our uses, but yes LiFePO4 are what you should be looking at. If you're up for the task, you can build a 100aH battery for around $400-$500 (plus another $80 for a charger)

13 hours ago, IronFilm said:

Why don't you like the iCon Pro Audio Platform M+? (or Sound Devices CL12? Or Sonosax SX-LC8+?)
None of these would be hugely more expensive than the Soundcraft GB2R (unlike the pricey Sound Devices CL16), and could even be cheaper overall. The cabling and powering would be massively simpler for you, and you'd have more functionality at your finger tips too. (record / stop / custom keys / etc)

Yeah, all those direct out cables add a lot of weight too in addition to the batteries.