Need help in SF Bay Area setting up on our new sound cart design a pair of Lectrosonics rackmount DSQD 4 channel receivers and Lectrosonics ALP620 antennas

indiefilm

Hello

Need help in SF Bay Bay Area setting up pair of Lectrosonics rackmount DSQD 4 channel receivers and Lectrosonics ALP620 antennas for photography purposes. 
Our prototype location sound mixer cart is pretty much complete and I could use some help installing this loaner gear so we can photograph and video the cart with it. It doesn’t really have to work it just Hass to look like it’s working and look like it set up correctly . Anyone want to volunteer to help me with this since I’m more of a camera guy than audio guy. Cart is in Richmond right off 580 West and Richmond Pky., not far from eastern end of Richmond/San Rafael bridge. 10 minutes from Berkeley.

You can get a sneak peek at our revolutionary sound cart design and even make requests for custom modification which we will seriously consider. We will require that you sign a non-disclosure agreement and keep all information confidential. In the unlikely event that you make a suggestion which we like and also turns out to be patentable you agree to assign ownership of that claim idea to Stabilitech for $1 but you would be named on the patent, You would also get dibs on buying a prototype cart at a great discount when they are available for sale after we file our patent application.

Thx

Mark Pope

Stabilitech

Mark.Pope at StabilitechVideo dot com

You're looking for a professional consultant to install equipment and advise you on a patented product for $1 USD while signing away legal rights including an NDA which means I could be sued?  This is labor that normally goes for hundreds of dollars an hour, not a $1.

33 minutes ago, indiefilm said:

In the unlikely event that you make a suggestion

unlikely? That’s not a good way to make friends. 
And there’s a lot of talk of patents in your post. Makes me worried you’re patenting something that’s already well in use. But that’s probably just me being cynical. After all it wouldn’t be „revolutionary“ (or patentable) then 

Mark Pope is a sound guy working out of San Francisco. Per IMDB, he has only a few credits in sound, mostly shorts, but he has also pursued other occupations. Notably, he was one of the co-founders of Quark, Inc., the publisher of Quark XPress, a desktop publishing software that was very popular in the 80's and 90's. He's a very smart guy. He's also very politically outspoken on Facebook.

His credits are a bit thin but I would have expected that he would know enough to assemble the gear without having to solicit a consultation to avoid a visual blunder.

David 

He posted an inquiry regarding the design of a vertical cart on this site last February:

Hey Mark, 

I want a bowl of m&m's with no blue one's. If I see one blue m&m then the deal is off. I will work for one day, but I want two days paid lunch's. I will sign away my life for an iPhone so I want you to throw in a free iPhone. I want 10 individual $1 shares and that is non negotiable. 

Miss you buddy...

I will PM you. 

I thought Stabilitech was a pharma company? 

If it's unlikely that the OP will follow any of the advice he will pay $1 for, then maybe he should save his money?  Isn't it kind of an unusual recruiting tactic to tell people you are asking for more or less free advice that you aren't likely to follow their advice?  

I look forward to seeing what sort of revolution this new sound cart brings about.

10 hours ago, codyman said:

You're looking for a professional consultant to install equipment and advise you on a patented product for $1 USD while signing away legal rights including an NDA which means I could be sued?  This is labor that normally goes for hundreds of dollars an hour, not a $1.

8 hours ago, Dalton Patterson said:

Hey Mark, 

I want a bowl of m&m's with no blue one's. If I see one blue m&m then the deal is off. I will work for one day, but I want two days paid lunch's. I will sign away my life for an iPhone so I want you to throw in a free iPhone. I want 10 individual $1 shares and that is non negotiable. 

Miss you buddy...

I will PM you. 

Ha ha. The blue ones cure Covid. I forgot I told you I was designing a cart when I met you on that IATSE gig. Well that was quite a while back so I had not started on the “vertical” cart design, which in our case we call a hybrid cart, at that time. I look forward to seeing you again Dalton. You’ll have to jog my memory because I can’t remember what I told you about the one I was working on then and it’s driving me crazy, but whatever I said I’m glad you remember it.

5 hours ago, Philip Perkins said:

I thought Stabilitech was a pharma company? 

If it's unlikely that the OP will follow any of the advice he will pay $1 for, then maybe he should save his money?  Isn't it kind of an unusual recruiting tactic to tell people you are asking for more or less free advice that you aren't likely to follow their advice?  

I look forward to seeing what sort of revolution this new sound cart brings about.

They were a pharma company but we scared them into changing their name.

9 hours ago, David Waelder said:

Mark Pope is a sound guy working out of San Francisco. Per IMDB, he has only a few credits in sound, mostly shorts, but he has also pursued other occupations. Notably, he was one of the co-founders of Quark, Inc., the publisher of Quark XPress, a desktop publishing software that was very popular in the 80's and 90's. He's a very smart guy. He's also very politically outspoken on Facebook.

His credits are a bit thin but I would have expected that he would know enough to assemble the gear without having to solicit a consultation to avoid a visual blunder.

David 

He posted an inquiry regarding the design of a vertical cart on this site last February:

I don’t profess to be a “sound guy”. Don’t do any sound any more so no competition from me. Have always done way more camera than sound. I am now an inventor of non electronic gear primarily for audio/video production industry. A good cart design should be easily adaptable to the environment it is being rolled on or in as well as for the attachment of various accessories and gear necessary for use in the area of the particular profession using it. Oh, and it should be ergonomic, efficient, feature rich, fun to use and sexy.

5 hours ago, indiefilm said:

Ha ha. The blue ones cure Covid. I forgot I told you I was designing a cart when I met you on that IATSE gig. Well that was quite a while back so I had not started on the “vertical” cart design, which in our case we call a hybrid cart, at that time. I look forward to seeing you again Dalton. You’ll have to jog my memory because I can’t remember what I told you about the one I was working on then and it’s driving me crazy, but whatever I said I’m glad you remember it.

They were a pharma company but we scared them into changing their name.

You scared a pharma company with a sound cart?  Does your cart include large-bore weapons?  A suggestion for getting interest on this forum might be uploading a picture or drawing of what you are up to, instead of further abstract kibitzing about how great what you are making is.  We all love a great cart here, so show us yours.

1 hour ago, indiefilm said:

If I do that now the USPTO won’t let me patent it. Actually there may be a grace period of one year in the US but lawyers discourage counting on it and there is no grace period in most other countries. I don’t make the rules. 

Isnt there such a thing called “patent pending” for these purposes?

I'm all for more "builders" of carts, however, this whiz bang "It's going to be revolutionary!" yelling through the town center (with no pictures or even vague reason as to why) sure sucks in comparison to the Lectrosonics® patented "Tumbleweed" approach of product announcement.

1 hour ago, codyman said:

I'm all for more "builders" of carts, however, this whiz bang "It's going to be revolutionary!" yelling through the town center (with no pictures or even vague reason as to why) sure sucks in comparison to the Lectrosonics® patented "Tumbleweed" approach of product announcement.

I thought you already bought a cart? I’m not exactly sure what you are referring to with Lectrosonics but companies with deep pockets and a gaggle of lawyers on retainer can file a new provisional patent application every week which protects their ability to do things they could not otherwise do. What is their annual patent budget?

1 hour ago, osa said:

Isnt there such a thing called “patent pending” for these purposes?

No, It is illegal to claim patent pending prior to filing your application. I’m sure some people do it cause I’m not sure there’s anyway for at least a year to determine if they filed. It is not illegal however to claim something is patented when it is just patent pending even when the patent has not been granted as long as you have filed an provisional application application. You can file, never get your patent granted or abandon it by stopping payment of fees and still say it’s patented, which seems absurd, because it isn’t. I’m not a lawyer so consult a lawyer. You can call the USPTO and ask them any question you want and they’re one of the most responsive efficient and well run government organizations you will find at least as far as their Customer Service question answering department is concerned. The same is true for their trademark help desk.

• 2 months later...

Curious if anything revolutionary ever happened......or just anything at all. I feel like we’ve been hearing about this cart for a long time but have never seen a picture or anything. Tried finding it else where out of curiosity, found the name Stretch and that’s about it. @indiefilm, any updates? 

• 2 months later...
On 2/22/2021 at 8:20 PM, Erob said:

Curious if anything revolutionary ever happened......or just anything at all. I feel like we’ve been hearing about this cart for a long time but have never seen a picture or anything. Tried finding it else where out of curiosity, found the name Stretch and that’s about it. @indiefilm, any updates? 

Sorry, just saw your post. I have been a bit distracted due too a car accident in which my car rolled over a couple of times breaking my finger, giving me whiplash and a concussion. I am mostly recovered now 3 months later except for short term memory problems due to the concussion and the need for seeing a chiropractor for my neck.

The bright side is I am now the proud owner of a black, 2020, Mercedes, Sprinter, tall top, 4 x 4, passenger van as replacement for my Toyota FJ Cruiser which  was totaled.

All these things have been a distraction but I am now starting back into picking up where I left off regarding the cart.