Zaxcom's new IFB -- URX-50

Jeff Wexler

1 hour ago, IronFilm said:

The Deity BP-TRX will be coming out for US$249

I am looking forward to seeing these. Probably quite good for me if it works as advertised. Only 4(?) receivers in IEM mode though and 2.4ghz. Analogue Sony RX have normal HP O/Ps: https://images.app.goo.gl/CNXoCm17p6eiaNf5A

Older versions are really cheap to pick up.

1 hour ago, daniel said:

I am looking forward to seeing these. Probably quite good for me if it works as advertised. Only 4(?) receivers in IEM mode though

The Deity BP-TRX is shaping up to be a really cool tool, but probably won't be the right pick for people who need to deploy a dozen plus headsets on set. 
But for many of us we only need a couple at a time, or maybe three. The BP-TRX is perfect for that, and also to just serve as a general "swiss army knife" of a back up, as it can serve so many different roles: transmitter, receiver, IEM, camera hop, master transmitter, a timecode box, or a standalone recorder. 

3 hours ago, glenn said:

As many have said here. An IFB needs to be good and inexpensive. Removing the SMA antenna helped us keep the price down.

Ah gotcha.  I would have paid a little more that, all good. I plan on picking up a couple of them in the future. 

After I recover from being Santa for the kiddos for another year. ;)

53 minutes ago, RocketTreeAudio said:

Ah gotcha.  I would have paid a little more that, all good. I plan on picking up a couple of them in the future. 

After I recover from being Santa for the kiddos for another year. ;)

Aren’t you describing the URX100? It costs a little more and has a sma connector.