DPA 4018C boom suspensions

cjh

Just picked up a couple of the dpa 4018C's, what's the lowest profile boom suspension system - cinela or..? And also what are others using as for light wind protection (indoor / quick boom swings etc) as I understand the supplied foam pop shield not so good.

Another other user notes welcome.

Thanks and seasons greetings to all.

C.

Same for me, although I‘ve also recently added the Cosi, which is useful for fast swings, but adds size. Also tried the Bubblebee, but find it too big, albeit nice. 
I couldn’t find out (read: I didn’t ask them) if Cinela also make a 19mm version of the XS Cosi, which is intended for the 20mm MiniCMIT, but that should work well

The XS version is not sooo different than the S one. It's only 17 mm shorter.

It has been created to offer the shortest fit to the CMC1, but is also perfect for the 4018C (with the 19mm holder).

The S version may accept a bit more microphones (with proper holders), but if you only have the 4018C, the XS will be perfect !

Never forget that the more "dead air" you'll have in front (and around) the membrane, the more efficiency you'll get !

• 2 weeks later...