Industry Standard Equipment.

leniejame48

Looking to start investing in my own mixer, lavs, boom etc. Wanted to know the industry standard equipment used on sets or just personal preference to equipment.

Any other essential gadgets and tools to have as a sound mixer? Anything not necessary? showbox

Any info would help. usps tracking

5 minutes ago, leniejame48 said:

Looking to start investing in my own mixer, lavs, boom etc. Wanted to know the industry standard equipment used on sets or just personal preference to equipment.

Any other essential gadgets and tools to have as a sound mixer? Anything not necessary?

Any info would help.

I am currently building my first "bag". I would research recorders first as it is the heart of your system. I purchased a gently used Zoom F4 as my first recorder. Now I am investing in mics, power, TX, RX, ect.

All advice given so far is great. I'd also say if you can't afford the sound devices, Zaxcom or Cantar up front (most people can't) the Zoom F8n is a good place to start for a recorder, if you can manage to get a little more cash look at the Sound Devices MixPre's. 

You can also go to www.trewaudio.com or www.gothamsound.com and look at their used gear. Also if you have a place near you where you can rent and try stuff out before you buy that's always a good option.

1 hour ago, borjam said:

Another time waster spammer. 

Yup! 
As the evidence...

On 1/12/2021 at 3:16 AM, leniejame48 said:

Anything not necessary? showbox

...is clear!

On 1/12/2021 at 3:16 AM, leniejame48 said:

Any info would help. usps tracking