Icon Pro Audio QCon Pro G2 Control Surface with Sound Devices 8 series?

PCMsoundie

Is the Icon Pro Audio QCon Pro G2 Control Surface a possibility with the Sound Devices 8 series (or 633,688) in lieu of the Sound Devices CL-16 16 dedicated fader unit?

Icon Pro Audio QCon Pro G2

$700. USD approx
8 touch-sensitive motorized channel faders universal control surface with Mackie Control and HUI emulation
 12Volt2.5A DC powered

USB 2 connector

14.6lb heavy..

https://iconproaudio.com/product/qcon-pro-g2/

As of right now no. The list of compatible control surfaces is:

• Behringer X-TOUCH
  • iCON Platform M+ (w D2 Display)
  • iCON Platform X+
  • iCON Platform B+
  • Mackie MCU Pro
  • Sonosax SX-LC8+
  • Sound Devices CL-12
  • Sound Devices CL-16

So there are options other then the CL-16. I’ve heard some people love the Sonosax, I believe it’s powered via usb as well (don’t quote me on that) making it easy to use on location. I have the icon M+ and for the most part have been happy with the limited use I’ve done with it. 

39 minutes ago, Erob said:

As of right now no. The list of compatible control surfaces is:

• Behringer X-TOUCH
  • iCON Platform M+ (w D2 Display)
  • iCON Platform X+
  • iCON Platform B+
  • Mackie MCU Pro
  • Sonosax SX-LC8+
  • Sound Devices CL-12
  • Sound Devices CL-16

So there are options other then the CL-16. I’ve heard some people love the Sonosax, I believe it’s powered via usb as well (don’t quote me on that) making it easy to use on location. I have the icon M+ and for the most part have been happy with the limited use I’ve done with it. 

I could be wrong, but the way I understand it is that those are the ‘supported’ ones. Others may still work, as long as they use the Mackie universal protocol....?

I use an iCON Platform M+ (w D2 Display) myself with an 833, from reading the 8 Series group it seems other non-official may "work" but it depends on your luck as to how well it "works" and how many quirks you'll have to put up with. If you just simply want a relatively predictable and solid control surface, then get the iCON Platform M+ (or the SX-LC8+ if you really want it as compact as possible, or a CL12 if you've already got one, or  ideally the CL16 if you've got the cash). 

• 2 months later...

I would be VERY curious to know because it's still Mackie universal protocol and also it's the same brand as the other already supported controllers, in addition to that if the X-touch is supported I don't see why the Icon pro wouldn't be as it has the same layout of buttons and whatnot

so on paper that looks promising :D

did anyone actually tried it out ?