941 Band transmitters

LarryF

I'd like to promote use of the 941 MHz band again, 941.525 to 959.825 MHz. It is for Part 74 users and for the last few years has been a very clear band in which to operate. Part 74 use means unlicensed Part 15 and white space users are prohibited. I would call this a traveling frequency as it is open all across the US (To misquote Paladin, "Have license, will travel"). For more info see:

https://www.lectrosonics.com/lectrosonics-introduces-the-smwb-and-smdwb-wideband-transmitters-in-the-941-mhz-frequency-band.html

Best Regards,

Larry Fisher

I have one.

Some give a weird smile like I’ve been fooled if mentioning it.
- I get it. Nobody has ever asked me to present one. And yes, a few of us vs the billions of $$$ spent by the phone companies, in the big picture, it might seem futile. 
Still, I believe the more of us who keep one, the better.

Gentleman:

Pardon my lack of knowledge. How involved is getting the Part 74 license? Is it equivalent to getting

the Part 107 Drone License where you need to study and take an exam or is it just filling out paperwork and sending a check?

Thanks for any tips. I find the whole 941 Band intriguing, especially since

I work in LA where finding anything clear is basically a location by location craps shoot.

On 1/27/2021 at 9:58 AM, LarryF said:

I'd like to promote use of the 941 MHz band again, 941.525 to 959.825 MHz. It is for Part 74 users and for the last few years has been a very clear band in which to operate. Part 74 use means unlicensed Part 15 and white space users are prohibited. I would call this a traveling frequency as it is open all across the US (To misquote Paladin, "Have license, will travel"). For more info see:

https://www.lectrosonics.com/lectrosonics-introduces-the-smwb-and-smdwb-wideband-transmitters-in-the-941-mhz-frequency-band.html

Best Regards,

Larry Fisher

Larry (well, Gordon and Karl), that link 404s for me. And searching on SMWB on Lectro's site I can find that link, but it also 404s...

1 hour ago, Dan Brockett said:

Gentleman:

Pardon my lack of knowledge. How involved is getting the Part 74 license? Is it equivalent to getting

the Part 107 Drone License where you need to study and take an exam or is it just filling out paperwork and sending a check?

Thanks for any tips. I find the whole 941 Band intriguing, especially since

I work in LA where finding anything clear is basically a location by location craps shoot.

Local 695 has a good guide to filling out the license application (everyone: please let me know if this page/info isn't up to date):

https://www.local695.com/fcc-licensing/how-to-get/

And @Bill Ruck, a NorCal radio engineer, was offering to help people get licenses for a fairly low fee. A bunch of people here worked with him on that and were glad he did. But that was several years ago.