I am well past my 2nd vaccine vaccination, any questions

MartinTheMixer

1 minute ago, Jim Feeley said:

Rado, I don't know how things are going in Nevada (though sounds like they're not going a lot better than here in Calif), but here in Calif, I think the current deal is 65+ qualify for immunization (as do some other specific categories of people), but underlying conditions are not currently factored in... But the specifics of who can get vaccinated and when is made at a county level... (ie some aren't yet immunizing 65 year olds, I think)

My friend is an ICU nurse in Nevada and she already has both of her doses.  I think she got her first in late December and the 2nd a few weeks later.  The problem is that her husband doesn't qualify to get it yet so they've basically been living separate lives in their home because she's worried that since she's vaccinated which is great, there's no proof that being vaccinated doesn't allow for you to still "get it" and then pass it on to someone despite your body being able to fight it.  Until he gets the vaccine or there's more scientific proof that she can't pass it on to her husband, they've been taking it really, really careful!

7 minutes ago, codyman said:

My friend is an ICU nurse in Nevada and she already has both of her doses.  I think she got her first in late December and the 2nd a few weeks later.  The problem is that her husband doesn't qualify to get it yet so they've basically been living separate lives in their home because she's worried that since she's vaccinated which is great, there's no proof that being vaccinated doesn't allow for you to still "get it" and then pass it on to someone despite your body being able to fight it.  Until he gets the vaccine or there's more scientific proof that she can't pass it on to her husband, they've been taking it really, really careful!

codyman, can she get an antibody test, if its good to go, then, when she comes home, assuming a house, not an apartment, put all her clothes in a box, sterilize the box, scrub up, mask on, straight to the long hot steamy shower, clean your mouth, eyes, ears, nose really well, then all good to go? What's wrong with my theory? Oh, and the box of clothes go straight into the wash. 

Thank you, Martin

1 minute ago, MartinTheMixer said:

codyman, can she get an antibody test, if its good to go, then, when she comes home, assuming a house, not an apartment, put all her clothes in a box, sterilize the box, scrub up, mask on, straight to the long hot steamy shower, clean your mouth, eyes, ears, nose really well, then all good to go? What's wrong with my theory? Oh, and the box of clothes go straight into the wash. 

Thank you, Martin

She already does all that, however, there hasn't been a scientific study that's conclusive in that vaccinated people are unable to still pass along the virus.  If she didn't work literally with dying COVID patients all day, she'd be less concerned but for the meantime she's playing it safe.

Martin.  It sure sounds like you had what would be called, an "extreme" reaction.  Some get those reactions, some bad and most, not so bad.  In the small group of people that I know who have gotten one or two shots, none have exhibited any symptoms anywhere as dramatic as the ones you describe.  Sorry that it hit you so hard.

My experience with vaccines in general is that I don't have much of a reaction as a rule.  That doesn't mean I won't on the second COVID shot and I am prepared for it to be what it is.  That being said, wild horses couldn't drag me away.

And yes, in the USA, there is still no data on whether fully vaccinated people can't carry the virus in their nasal passages and afflict others while being completely asymptomatic.  That means that I will continue to mask (even double mask) and social distance until I am informed by the likes of Anthony Fauci that it is okay to stop doing so.  We all have our place on the spectrum of caution, and I find myself pretty firmly at the "very cautious" end. YMMV.

D.

14 minutes ago, tourtelot said:

Martin.  It sure sounds like you had what would be called, an "extreme" reaction.  Some get those reactions, some bad and most, not so bad.  In the small group of people that I know who have gotten one or two shots, none have exhibited any symptoms anywhere as dramatic as the ones you describe.  Sorry that it hit you so hard.

My experience with vaccines in general is that I don't have much of a reaction as a rule.  That doesn't mean I won't on the second COVID shot and I am prepared for it to be what it is.  That being said, wild horses couldn't drag me away.

And yes, in the USA, there is still no data on whether fully vaccinated people can't carry the virus in their nasal passages and afflict others while being completely asymptomatic.  That means that I will continue to mask (even double mask) and social distance until I am informed by the likes of Anthony Fauci that it is okay to stop doing so.  We all have our place on the spectrum of caution, and I find myself pretty firmly at the "very cautious" end. YMMV.

D.

It’s all BS. Including some of what fauci says. Everybody in congress is wearing cloth masks. It’s not rocket science.  Wear n95s. At all time.
I lobbied my production company and since this Monday everybody is required to wear a n95. Pissed of a lot of people but I don’t care. 

Cool to know Dr. Stefanov.  Hired by the WHO or the CDC?

I have N95 masks, I wear them inside when I have extended appointments at, let's say, the doctors office.  That's what I would wear on the set if I was ever "on the set".  I wear cloth masks when I am just out and about.  Rarely.

BTW.  Fauci says N95s are best, triple layer cloth masks and double masking "may" be helpful.  It's all about the data which is still scarce.  Get yer shots people.  It's important, along with masking.

Oh, and stay the f**k home on Sunday.  Some team will win, I guarantee.  Super Spreader LV.

D.

3 hours ago, tourtelot said:

Cool to know Dr. Stefanov.  Hired by the WHO or the CDC?

I have N95 masks, I wear them inside when I have extended appointments at, let's say, the doctors office.  That's what I would wear on the set if I was ever "on the set".  I wear cloth masks when I am just out and about.  Rarely.

BTW.  Fauci says N95s are best, triple layer cloth masks and double masking "may" be helpful.  It's all about the data which is still scarce.  Get yer shots people.  It's important, along with masking.

Oh, and stay the f**k home on Sunday.  Some team will win, I guarantee.  Super Spreader LV.

D.

Exactly. WHO, CDC and ECDC "I listen only to the latter" all say n95 is the only way  and why I wear them since the beginning of February 2020. Even saint Fauci agrees! 

On set I wear n95 as well. Because anything else is just for show and does not protect you or the people around you. It is just dog and pony show.

P.S. N95 sucks in the beginning but I got use to it very quickly.  

11 hours ago, codyman said:

This is great. Those heros that risked and continue to risk their life deserve to be first. Unfortunately I am hearing some rich people are getting vacines privately before anybody else by just paying a lot of money.

Rado you very well might have to step in to help your mom get a shot, if she wants one.  My mother in law is very non-tech so my son and daughter in law had to remote-pilot her getting vaccinated so she can fly to come visit them with their new baby soon.  The visit just would not have happened if they hadn't helped her.  It took my wife days of assiduous phone and web work to get us on a list via Kaiser (we are well over 65), ie just persisting until she got lucky, and my wife is pretty web-savvy.  Hopefully the big sites that keep getting talked about will open soon but they won't make a diff without massively larger supplies of vaccine getting to them.  They also might not make a lot of diff if a lot of people let up on distancing and masking.

2 hours ago, Philip Perkins said:

Rado you very well might have to step in to help your mom get a shot, if she wants one.  My mother in law is very non-tech so my son and daughter in law had to remote-pilot her getting vaccinated so she can fly to come visit them with their new baby soon.  The visit just would not have happened if they hadn't helped her.  It took my wife days of assiduous phone and web work to get us on a list via Kaiser (we are well over 65), ie just persisting until she got lucky, and my wife is pretty web-savvy.  Hopefully the big sites that keep getting talked about will open soon but they won't make a diff without massively larger supplies of vaccine getting to them.  They also might not make a lot of diff if a lot of people let up on distancing and masking.

thank You. 
I was hoping her doctor will navigate her to the vaccination. 
will take it in my hands. 

• 2 weeks later...

As promised, here is Report #2.  48 hours after my second Pfizer vaccine shot, as with the first, not a speck of problems.  While I do think that I am just lucky in that regard, my thoughts are/were whatever happens it is better than getting COVID.

With cases across the USA going into decline and vaccine (somewhat more and getting better) availability, please don't allow the fear of a few days of discomfort from a vaccine reaction deter anyone from getting it.  Continued social care and the vaccines are our pathway back to doing those things we love.  Can't wait to see my kids after being apart for a whole year even though they live 3 hours away by car.  Dining with my sweetie in a restaurant?  Bliss.  Getting a coffee or a beer with my friends.  Ahhhh.  Maybe going back to work?  Indescribable.

Stay safe y'all and take good care.

D.

7 minutes ago, GuyInLyonFrance said:

Sorry.

Does that mean you have had your second shot as per schedule or that you are well past the due date for your second vaccine shot and you worried about when you'll get shot #2?

Ah, yes, maybe that was not clear, sorry. I am 5 months after having received my 2nd Pfizer vaccination shot. 

Sincerely,  Martin

1 hour ago, TVPostSound said:

5 Months??

You were a Guniea Pig??

TV, You are correct sir. I had to get "creative" with why I would be eligible for the shot, in order for them to provide me paperwork that I had been vaccinated. I started this post as soon as I had it verified. I was probably the first sound mixer on the planet to be vaccinated,  I would imagine. And although they make you sign about 40 pages of of "death may occur,....", your head may fall off, etc., they get really testy if you refer to yourself as a Guinea Pig, while in the study facilty.

Thank you, Martin

Martin,

Were you in a clinical trial with Pfizer/Moderna? I had a couple of friends

get into the trials, ONE  got the vaccine the other the placebo, One got covid pretty 

bad (placebo)

.... now has to wait 90 days from when she 

finally tests negative!

Edited by jwill
more info

4 hours ago, jwill said:

Martin,

Were you in a clinical trial with Pfizer/Moderna? I had a couple of friends

get into the trials, one got the vaccine the other the placebo, got covid pretty 

bad .... now has to wait 90 days from when she 

finally tests negative!

JWill, Yes, I was a tester of the Pfizer/Bioentec Coronavirus vaccine. Are you saying that you have friends, one was vaccinated and the other not vaccinated, and they both were infected with Coronavirus?

Thank you, Martin

• 3 weeks later...

I hate shots as well, never even got a flu shot for this reason, but the Covid vaccine I obviously needed to get at this time. I'm in the right age group and somewhat compromised health-wise so I finally got an appointment. What a relief  --  the injection was so nothing, I didn't even feel it! I felt the nurse rub a little alcohol on my arm and then she said she was done  --  I said back to her "you're done?". No real side-effects after the first dose  --  maybe will have some after the second, we'll see.

44 minutes ago, Jeff Wexler said:

I hate shots as well, never even got a flu shot for this reason, but the Covid vaccine I obviously needed to get at this time. I'm in the right age group and somewhat compromised health-wise so I finally got an appointment. What a relief  --  the injection was so nothing, I didn't even feel it! I felt the nurse rub a little alcohol on my arm and then she said she was done  --  I said back to her "you're done?". No real side-effects after the first dose  --  maybe will have some after the second, we'll see.

Yeah, I am still getting the "jab". But not a fan! 🤣