I am well past my 2nd vaccine vaccination, any questions

MartinTheMixer

3 hours ago, Jeff Wexler said:

I hate shots as well, never even got a flu shot for this reason, but the Covid vaccine I obviously needed to get at this time. I'm in the right age group and somewhat compromised health-wise so I finally got an appointment. What a relief  --  the injection was so nothing, I didn't even feel it! I felt the nurse rub a little alcohol on my arm and then she said she was done  --  I said back to her "you're done?".

This is exactly the point. The needles are so small and sharp now. Why do we have such anxiety about a tiny pin prick? I guess it's built into us.  I get the flu shot every year and it's nothing. It's so nothing, shot anxiety should just not be an issue. I know, I know, that's easy to say, but really, it's nothing these days.

Vax 1 day 1 was fine.  Day 2 was Not Fine: my "shot" arm was very painful from the shoulder to the fingers for many hours.  Both my wife and I got the shot at the same time, and felt woozy and exhausted with a "coming down with something" feeling all day 2.  Day 3 better.  Vax #2 in a few days.  We are Moderna.

My first shot of pfizer I felt nothing and did not get even redness at the puncture spot. No idea if I maybe already had it.  I tried to get the Johnson and johnson but they were out.  I wanted the classic vaccine. Unfortunately I am required to get one so I could bot just wait. 

4 hours ago, Trey said:

Getting my first dose today. I hate shots.... 😣

The needle is hair thin.  

1 hour ago, Paul F said:

This is exactly the point. The needles are so small and sharp now. Why do we have such anxiety about a tiny pin prick? I guess it's built into us.  I get the flu shot every year and it's nothing. It's so nothing, shot anxiety should just not be an issue. I know, I know, that's easy to say, but really, it's nothing these days.

I hate shots but it does seem like in the last few years the needles have gotten sharper and smaller I haven't felt my flu shot last few years at all 

1 hour ago, Philip Perkins said:

Vax 1 day 1 was fine.  Day 2 was Not Fine: my "shot" arm was very painful from the shoulder to the fingers for many hours.  Both my wife and I got the shot at the same time, and felt woozy and exhausted with a "coming down with something" feeling all day 2.  Day 3 better.  Vax #2 in a few days.  We are Moderna.

Great news! Congrats Phil (and all of you vaccinated people). Also, from our local newspaper/website:

Don't freak out about 'weird' COVID-19 vaccine side effects. They may actually be a good sign.

Dr. Peter Chin-Hong wants people to stop worrying so much about the myriad reports of side effects after getting the COVID-19 vaccine.

Chin-Hong, a professor of medicine at UCSF and the director of the school’s immunocompromised host infectious diseases program, is concerned that people are paying too much attention to the side effects of the shot.

[snip]

“It is your immune system being trained like elite Navy SEALs,” he said. “It’s just thinking about your immune system being primed, is really the healthy way to think about it. The same cells that cause you to feel like that are the ones that are going to be called to the battle when the real COVID comes along.”

And, he jokes, of course your body’s going to be pretty peeved that it has to put in work to make sure you don’t get ill — and acts up in a small way.

Rest of the article:

https://www.sfgate.com/coronavirus/article/Weird-COVID-vaccine-side-effect-UCSF-effective-16022325.php

And a big-words article with related info:

Delayed Large Local Reactions to mRNA-1273 Vaccine against SARS-CoV-2

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2102131?query=featured_home

Jim "only one in my family not vaccinated yet" Feeley

4 hours ago, RadoStefanov said:

My first shot of pfizer I felt nothing and did not get even redness at the puncture spot. No idea if I maybe already had it.  I tried to get the Johnson and johnson but they were out.  I wanted the classic vaccine. Unfortunately I am required to get one so I could bot just wait. 

The needle is hair thin.  

Indeed, I barely felt a poke, and it was over. I have to sign up for my second dose on the 12th. I feel good, no pain, no redness.

11 hours ago, Jeff Wexler said:

I hate shots as well, never even got a flu shot for this reason, but the Covid vaccine I obviously needed to get at this time. I'm in the right age group and somewhat compromised health-wise so I finally got an appointment. What a relief  --  the injection was so nothing, I didn't even feel it! I felt the nurse rub a little alcohol on my arm and then she said she was done  --  I said back to her "you're done?". No real side-effects after the first dose  --  maybe will have some after the second, we'll see.

Jeff, Which vaccine did you get?

I got my second shot of Pfizer yesterday. Health wise, I feel fine, but I have much more arm pain than from the first shot. Arm is very tender and my shoulder is tight. (36 hours on) First one had some mild discomfort that was gone by the next morning. The second one also stung on the way in.

That all said, I'm glad to have met the requirements in New York to get an appointment.

40 minutes ago, Jeff Wexler said:

I didn't have a choice, which vaccine to get, I was holding out for Johnson & Johnson (so I would only have to have one shot) but went ahead and got Pfizer (at Walgreens).

Apparently the Jensen vaccine is not as effective as the Phizer. 

Also it gets you a lot sicker than Pgizer's second shot. 

• 3 weeks later...

I've got a regular client who said if fully vaccinated then no need for antigen tests with them anyway. That was a plus to me where I've been going for the better part of a year with stress after the swab about what it will be pos or neg as in do I work, or do I go home and miss some real income.

Got the Pfizer yesterday first dose, and no side effects other than a somewhat sore arm today. I was working a boom over Robert Rodriguez a few hours ago, and wasn't sore enough to notice. Got antigen tested before work this morning, and was negative even less than a day after the first shot.

So far so good where the 95% effective for the next six months Pfizer takes some pressure off the inevitable antigen tests that most productions seem to be doing now days.