April 2021 Shooting a documentary in NYC - Wireless frequencies

AlexandreR

Yes, the 600 MHz range is no longer 'legal' to use (as of  July 2020). The 700 MHz range has  not been legal either for even longer. You should consider renting, as you only have two systems that are 'legal'.

As for recommended frequency blocks in NYC,  the Gotham audio website  used to have a  a recommended frequency blocks table, but I cannot find it off-hand. There are others as well... search.

btw, welcome to RF hell (NYC).

Under that Gotham site link, look under the "Extras" tab.  Under "Radio Frequency Scan Repository" listing you will find a global/world interactive map.  Expand on the NYC area.  Here's a link to frequencies for the Broadway & Canal St. area - Radio Frequency Activity at Broadway & Canal St. (gothamscans.com).  These are user-submitted scans.  You can at least interpolate on the legal white areas for a preview of frequncies that may be available when you talk with them.  (Look up in the 900 MHz blocks as well.)

If you are familiar with the RF Explorer products, I find those very good for quick ad-hoc analysis and verification.

13 hours ago, Rick Reineke said:

Yes, the 600 MHz range is no longer 'legal' to use (as of  July 2020). The 700 MHz range has  not been legal either for even longer. You should consider renting, as you only have two systems that are 'legal'.

As for recommended frequency blocks in NYC,  the Gotham audio website  used to have a  a recommended frequency blocks table, but I cannot find it off-hand. There are others as well... search.

btw, welcome to RF hell (NYC).

Thanks Rick,

Rental is definitely in my thoughts, but if I can use an Audioltd 2020 with L48 It would be wonderful.

11 hours ago, Joe A said:

Under that Gotham site link, look under the "Extras" tab.  Under "Radio Frequency Scan Repository" listing you will find a global/world interactive map.  Expand on the NYC area.  Here's a link to frequencies for the Broadway & Canal St. area - Radio Frequency Activity at Broadway & Canal St. (gothamscans.com).  These are user-submitted scans.  You can at least interpolate on the legal white areas for a preview of frequncies that may be available when you talk with them.  (Look up in the 900 MHz blocks as well.)

If you are familiar with the RF Explorer products, I find those very good for quick ad-hoc analysis and verification.

Joe, Thanks for the link. I'll talk with Gotham on Monday.

Have a good day,

Samuel