Sennheiser IEM with portable transmitter.

tvaudioman

6 hours ago, osa said:

I use an smqv in mode 6 for exactly this purpose and i have found this to be the most robust and range reliable setup for sennheiser iems with a compact transmitter

Mode 6? Curious, I have always used Mode 3. But perhaps I should give Mode 6 a spin:

On 4/25/2014 at 2:30 AM, karlw said:

We have had some users report that Mode 6 (developed to match Shure's older UHF series) works better for G3 (HDX companding) than Mode 3 does. It's worth giving it a try.

19 hours ago, Tales Manfrinato said:

As far as I know all Evolution Series are cross-compatible. For a portable Tx probably the SK2000 is what you're looking for if you need I higher transmission power.

Yes, it works in mono. Unfortunately the preset lists don't match most of the time.

SK500/2000 can do 50mW, SK100/300 only 30mW (in Europe).

So cheapest combo is SK100 with EK1039 receivers. Pilot tone can be left on and operates as a better squelch.

2 hours ago, Mungo said:

Yes, it works in mono. Unfortunately the preset lists don't match most of the time.

SK500/2000 can do 50mW, SK100/300 only 30mW (in Europe).

So cheapest combo is SK100 with EK1039 receivers. Pilot tone can be left on and operates as a better squelch.

This is the only hangup on using lectro transmitters vs paired sennheisers- the loss of pilot tone and no squelch. there is a risk of listeners getting blasted with stray rf if a battery fails

3 hours ago, osa said:

This is the only hangup on using lectro transmitters vs paired sennheisers- the loss of pilot tone and no squelch. there is a risk of listeners getting blasted with stray rf if a battery fails

Pilot tone can only stay on with the 1039‘s as they are mono, too. If you use the IEM receivers (which are more user-friendly), you need to disable pilot tone. So no disadvantage when using Lectro transmitters

6 hours ago, Constantin said:

Pilot tone can only stay on with the 1039‘s as they are mono, too. If you use the IEM receivers (which are more user-friendly), you need to disable pilot tone. So no disadvantage when using Lectro transmitters

Thank you this i did not know! I always thought I was lacking that by not being all sennheiser

Just to be clear you need to put the Lectro transmitter in IFB compatibility mode. A Sennheiser receiver will not work well with the default digital hybrid mode.

Doing the cross brand thing in reverse where you try to receive a Sennheiser transmitter (HDX compandor) with a Lectro receiver does not work very well in my opinion. Unless you have an SRc or maybe LR which has a special EVO compatibility mode. If you have the older high-end Sennheiser models in the 3000 or 5000 range there are specific emulations for that compandor (hi-dyn) in all Lectro 400 receivers.

G2/G3/G4 will work fine with IEM, robust setup, great reach, batteries last for 12+ hs.  You can add EK1039 as additional Rx, wich are user freindly and a little cheaper, built like tanks, sound is OK for IEM and  no compromise in reach.

20 hours ago, Derek H said:

Just to be clear you need to put the Lectro transmitter in IFB compatibility mode. A Sennheiser receiver will not work well with the default digital hybrid mode.

Doing the cross brand thing in reverse where you try to receive a Sennheiser transmitter (HDX compandor) with a Lectro receiver does not work very well in my opinion. Unless you have an SRc or maybe LR which has a special EVO compatibility mode. If you have the older high-end Sennheiser models in the 3000 or 5000 range there are specific emulations for that compandor (hi-dyn) in all Lectro 400 receivers.

Mode 3 or 6 on lectro transmitters to taste as i believe ifb mode does not work transmitting to sennheiser receivers. 

off topic from the original post but i do use in the reverse sennheiser plugon transmitters with stick mics and get satisfactory results with 411 receivers in the same modes above. Not feature film quality for sure but beats some lower grade alternatives with live and eng stuff

On 3/14/2021 at 9:10 AM, osa said:

Mode 3 or 6 on lectro transmitters to taste as i believe ifb mode does not work transmitting to sennheiser receivers. 

off topic from the original post but i do use in the reverse sennheiser plugon transmitters with stick mics and get satisfactory results with 411 receivers in the same modes above. Not feature film quality for sure but beats some lower grade alternatives with live and eng stuff

IFB mode works but just doesn’t sound awesome. Mode3 is ok but I tend to notice commanding artifacts more, Mode6 has less of this and more LF response to my ear, but a higher noise floor. I really wish we’d get a Mode E on T4s like the SRc but that’s probably a long shot. 

• 7 months later...

Kind of opposite question:

I use a stereo G4 IEM transmitters with IEM receivers. Left channel for video village, right channels for internal use.

I was thinking to add some EK receivers (not iem) for cameras or monitor recording.

In that case, will I have both channels summed to mono in the receiver (so, useless for what I need) or e.g just left channel?

I'm afraid it's the first one, but just checking.

Thanks

Valentino.

• 1 year later...
6 hours ago, resoNate3973 said:

Great to know y’all thanks - trying to mix my G3s with Lectro R1As 

Lectro R1A receivers don't have different mode options (such as Mode 6), they're only ever in IFB Mode. 

I'd suggest just getting yourself a secondhand UM400/LMa/T4/T1 transmitter on the cheap. You will get better range too than with a G3 transmitter.