Sennheiser sma mod. Which antenna?

Aquilasfx

Hello I recently modded my sennheiser G4. what kind of sma antenna to cut do you suggest to use? I found zaxcom (straight version that is in kit 2 pieces to be cutted) for around 28$ kit. There is also audioroot swivel version for 30$ each one (60$ for 2). Remote audio miracle whip (straight version) 60$ for 2 antennas.   The zaxcom ones seems the cheaper one. Are zaxcom good? Is the swivel version of the sma connector worth for the extra price? Thanks

On 3/14/2021 at 11:33 PM, filmsalang said:

Buy one of these below.

2pcs 433 Mhz 433mhz Antenna 3dbi Sma Male Plug Connector Straight for Ham Radio|Communications Antennas| - AliExpress

1Pcs 710 782MHz SMA Male antenna 16CM|Connectors| - AliExpress

in case you need right angle. 

710 782MHz SMA Male Antenna Right Angle for Sony Bees Soft Antenna|Connectors| - AliExpress

Buy and Cut down if you wish for your bandwidth. 

Done. Basically an antenna is very very cheap. 

I have both of the antennas in your first two links. I don't recommend the ones in the first link. The wire is a solid spring wire that easily takes a permanent bent shape if bent too far. I accidentally ordered those one time instead of the ones in the second link. They are no good.

The antennas in the second link are good. It uses multi-strand stainless wire, is very flexible, does not kink.

You'll need some really good cutters to cut the wire. Even then, it takes a lot of nipping with the cutters to cut the strands. You'll ruin scissors trying to cut the stranded wire. I use  a cut off angle grinder.

Also notice that although it says it is for 700Mhz, the antenna is 16cm long, so it's plenty long for lower frequencies.

On 3/16/2021 at 9:13 AM, Paul F said:

Also notice that although it says it is for 700Mhz, the antenna is 16cm long, so it's plenty long for lower frequencies.

For a quarter wavelength whip antenna, 16 cm would be 470 MHz.  You can use the numeric length guide on  Lectrosonics.com to get a reasonable approximation for your frequencies if you want to trim to your blocks. 

https://www.lectrosonics.com/downloads/category/1-accessories.html?download=22:amj

Best Regards,

Larry Fisher

Edited by LarryF
Wrong link. Changed to correct link

On 3/15/2021 at 7:33 AM, filmsalang said:

Buy one of these below.

2pcs 433 Mhz 433mhz Antenna 3dbi Sma Male Plug Connector Straight for Ham Radio|Communications Antennas| - AliExpress

1Pcs 710 782MHz SMA Male antenna 16CM|Connectors| - AliExpress

in case you need right angle. 

710 782MHz SMA Male Antenna Right Angle for Sony Bees Soft Antenna|Connectors| - AliExpress

Buy and Cut down if you wish for your bandwidth. 

Done. Basically an antenna is very very cheap. 

ordered a bunch of the ones in the second link. They are doing fine since almost 3 years.

also, have a look at those