Jump to content

Viviana Cloud and Sound Devices


Recommended Posts

Viviana Cloud finally is out!

A brand new device that helps you save time and keep your files safe by uploading your recordings straight from your recorder to the cloud.

 

Viviana Cloud is approved for use with Sound Devices mixer-recorders, and you can use it also with ZoomF8 and external card reader or USB drives. 

 

For more information, please go to:  http://www.vivianacloud.com

 

Note: this topic was edited and moved to the  Manufacturers and Dealers section. Comprehensive advertising and promotion is provided on the site  in the form of paid advertising banners. The site as well is not a replacement for formal customer support from companies.

- jwsoundgroup

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi @Constantinthanks a lot for your interest. Viviana cloud it is not just about uploading but Viviana Cloud smartphone app will give you the possibility to Check Metadata, listen to tracks, create Sound Report, Share everything and you can do all this without keeping your phone plugged into the sound recorder.

We are working also about the possibility to modify metadata from Viviana Cloud app before uploading the file. 

 

Right now I am working on a big series for Amazon, the production and post production is from UK and they use cloud so they can work straight on post production without waiting hard drive with rushes.

 

For example I am used to upload files also during launch break and I am just receiving a notification from Viviana Cloud app about "upload completed" while I am using my smartphone doing others thing at the restaurant, far from my recorder.

 

Many features will be developed and as I wrote, I will be more then happy to get some advices from you all.

Thanks a lot

Listen_Tracks.jpg

Sound_Report.jpg

share.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not a fan of Dropbox, but most of my complaints are with their web and their app interfaces. So I usually access Dropbox through Transit, the file-transfer app from Panic. It's still maintained and makes working with Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, RackSpace, etc. a lot easier, faster, and more reliable. It's a Mac app, but I'd think there's a Windows equivalent https://panic.com/transmit/

 

So anyway, perhaps Viviana Cloud avoids most of (my) issues with Dropbox. But ya, support for more services would be great.

 

Congrats Turi and team!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

5 hours ago, Rick Reineke said:

Interesting. Can the cloud storage destination be anything other than Dropbox? .. Dropbox inherently sucks .

Hi @Rick Reinekethanks a lot for your interest. Right now Viviana Cloud can use only Dropbox, more to come. I am sorry that right now I am not giving possibility to choose the cloud storage service but, to be honest, because money investment about software development I had to choose one. thanks

8 hours ago, Constantin said:

Alright, @Turi soundfish, that’s quite interesting, thanks. 
Couple more questions: where does the internet connection come from and who pays for it? 
And what happens if the connection is lost, or I need to move and resume upload later?

Thanks @ConstantinI always use Wi-Fi that are into Studios/Production Office otherwise I ask for Wi-Fi password in the location where we shoot. If you won't find any wi-fi available (very rare in these days) you can use your mobile hotspot. We don't give possibility to use public wifi for safety reasons. If you will lost the wifi you have to restart the upload where it has been stopped. Thanks a lot

4 hours ago, Jim Feeley said:

I'm not a fan of Dropbox, but most of my complaints are with their web and their app interfaces. So I usually access Dropbox through Transit, the file-transfer app from Panic. It's still maintained and makes working with Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, RackSpace, etc. a lot easier, faster, and more reliable. It's a Mac app, but I'd think there's a Windows equivalent https://panic.com/transmit/

 

So anyway, perhaps Viviana Cloud avoids most of (my) issues with Dropbox. But ya, support for more services would be great.

 

Congrats Turi and team!

Viviana Cloud has got its own interfaces. We use just the Dropbox cloud storage. Thanks a lot

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Philip Perkins said:

Copy that.  Dropbox has been fired around here, so no fly if that's the only upload service available.

I am sorry to hear that, Dropbox has been around for almost 13 years and has more than 600 million users. Thanks a lot

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can you select entire folders to upload rather than individual files? In the demo video it doesn't seem to show this? 

I've tried using dropbox and google drive apps and directly connecting to an 833 and that was a major drawback for me, having to create the folders then adding files to them on the cloud.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Tobi A said:

Can you select entire folders to upload rather than individual files? In the demo video it doesn't seem to show this? 

I've tried using dropbox and google drive apps and directly connecting to an 833 and that was a major drawback for me, having to create the folders then adding files to them on the cloud.

 

H Tobi. 

Of course, you have just to click on "Upload all files" and the Viviana Cloud app will select automatically all the files present into the folder and it will start uploading.

Thanks

Upload.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Turi soundfish said:

H Tobi. 

Of course, you have just to click on "Upload all files" and the Viviana Cloud app will select automatically all the files present into the folder and it will start uploading.

Thanks

Upload.jpg

 

Can you select and upload a folder though, like In your example the folder named 20Y11M20. Or if uploaded the folder AON-TEAM-A will the sub folders and files also upload?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Turi soundfish said:

I always use Wi-Fi that are into Studios/Production Office otherwise I ask for Wi-Fi password in the location where we shoot. If you won't find any wi-fi available (very rare in these days) you can use your mobile hotspot. We don't give possibility to use public wifi for safety reasons. 


Well, I almost exclusively shoot on location and there’s rarely a wifi for us. I‘m not asking for the homeoweners password as that is neither polite (uploding several gigs of files via their wifi), nor safe. 
Could use a phone hotspot and it would quickly eat through my monthly plan. 
Still, wifi access is good, but I propose that you consider a universal sim card in your next update. It can choose any availble service provider worldwide, but it’s fairly expensive. But I could bill the production company for it, because they would the ones asking for it. I would far prefer that to using my personal phone and it has better coverage than my phone which is tied into one network 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Tobi A said:

 

Can you select and upload a folder though, like In your example the folder named 20Y11M20. Or if uploaded the folder AON-TEAM-A will the sub folders and files also upload?

In this case AON-TEAM-A is the name of the Top Folder. Inside the Top folder there are dailies of which you can upload or each the entire daily folder or individual files that you choose. Hope I answered to your question 

16 minutes ago, Constantin said:


Well, I almost exclusively shoot on location and there’s rarely a wifi for us. I‘m not asking for the homeoweners password as that is neither polite (uploding several gigs of files via their wifi), nor safe. 
Could use a phone hotspot and it would quickly eat through my monthly plan. 
Still, wifi access is good, but I propose that you consider a universal sim card in your next update. It can choose any availble service provider worldwide, but it’s fairly expensive. But I could bill the production company for it, because they would the ones asking for it. I would far prefer that to using my personal phone and it has better coverage than my phone which is tied into one network 

Thanks a lot for the advice, maybe Viviana Cloud Box 2.0 could give also this option. I thought about it but as always...I had to choose what to develop also about hardware and also I thought that maybe for customers to have another sim and plan to pay was too much but yes...it is a good idea. Thanks a lot

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a prepaid card that I only use for mobile data in my ipad, cost only 4EUR a month for 1GB of data which is enough for casual surfing.

if I need a lot of data for a day, like for an online meeting or uploading a lot of data, I pay 4EUR for an additional 10GB data ticket for 24h.

 

the folks in asia and north europe (and most of the rest of the world) will probably laugh at the low data plans still common in germany anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2021 at 8:17 PM, igomarsound said:

waiting for my viviana cloud device so hard. ( I know, it's coming mid april) but this will help me so much in my derushing workflow. really cool ! 

Thanks a lot, waiting for your feedback!

 

Felipe Borrero production sound mixer "OZARK" has been one of our beta tester and this is your though about Viviana Cloud: “I had to send a days work because it never got to post house. I went back to the truck , uploaded a copy, sent the link to the post house, dailies were in synced for the studios. If not for Viviana I Would have made a copy then driven it to the transfer house. 1 hour lost in the middle of the night.”

 

🤩

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Turi soundfish said:

If not for Viviana I Would have made a copy then driven it to the transfer house. 1 hour lost in the middle of the night.”


Uploading to a cloud was possible before Viviana Cloud. It may have become simpler and more convenient now, and possibly faster, but not altogether new

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/10/2021 at 9:16 AM, Constantin said:


Uploading to a cloud was possible before Viviana Cloud. It may have become simpler and more convenient now, and possibly faster, but not altogether new

Of course the innovation it is not uploading to the cloud but it will be much more about the workflow management that you could manage using the Viviana Cloud app that wasn't exiting before. Thanks a lot

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Turi soundfish said:

Of course the innovation it is not uploading to the cloud but it will be much more about the workflow management that you could manage using the Viviana Cloud app that wasn't exiting before. Thanks a lot


Yes of course, and I‘m sure it’ll have its value, but I don’t accept the implication that without Viviana Cloud the Ozark guy would have had to drive to the post house. He still could have used a cloud upload

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/15/2021 at 8:40 PM, chinpou said:

This just makes me wonder if I could jget an SD reader for iPhone, drive to public hi speed wifi (that would be the QLine in detroit) and upload to the cloud...

Hi, Viviana Cloud doesn't use public wifi for safety reason. The main thing with Viviana Cloud is not just upload to the cloud but thanks Viviana Cloud app you will be able to manage your jobs, check all metadata, listen to tracks, create sound report, more to come... 

Viviana cloud is not just uploading your recordings to the cloud but it will be much more around workflow management.

Of course, Viviana Cloud app doesn't work without Viviana Cloud box.

Thanks a lot for your time.

Bye

Turi

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...